Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Simon. 14p for an onion - that's eye watering. Sorry best I could do!
*hits head on desk*
Old 17 Jan 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
This appears to be the fuller version.

Valid forms of payments will be MagicBands, credit cards, debit cards, Disney Gift Cards, Disney Rewards Redemption Cards and contactless payments such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay.
Thanks! That's a much more inclusive list.

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
Makes no difference to me anyway. Everything goes on Magic Bands. Last trip I used $60 in cash total for 3 weeks.
I don't think we charged anything to our room, via the Magicbands, last time we went. Not sure why - when away on business I tend to charge meals and drinks to the room whilst in the hotel and pay off with the CC at the end. (Which reminds me, I must claim my expenses from last week's trip).

I do use the credit card when at Disney but I also like to use cash. I suppose it wouldn't be a major issue if I had to switch completely to electronic payments whilst onsite.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post

What about the non-sterling charge that UK banks add onto any card payment made abroad, that could be significant if using only credit/debit cards for all payments.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
I use my Barclaycard. The card is only changed when the bill hits $1500

I find even with the non sterling fees the exchange rate is so much better than you can get normally it works out about the same price as a $ rate prepaid card.

So I never bother with anything else now.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered. We normally charge to the room then pay cash befor our CC is charged. Does this change mean we can no longer do this? Thanks!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by greeny1968 View Post
What about the non-sterling charge that UK banks add onto any card payment made abroad, that could be significant if using only credit/debit cards for all payments.
There isn't one with a Halifax Clarity Card and you get a really good rate.
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by greeny1968 View Post
It'll probably work out no worse than getting US dollars in cash before you go. The cash exchange rate is worse than the visa/mastercard exchange rate. By the time you add the 2% non-sterling charge (or whatever it is) it'll probably still work out better than the cash exchange rate.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:54 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Apologies if this has already been asked and answered. We normally charge to the room then pay cash befor our CC is charged. Does this change mean we can no longer do this? Thanks!
You can still pay off your room charges with cash.

This is designed to reduce costs and probably helps with cash registers not always being able to be balanced correctly due to, shall we say, people not being honest..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Should not be a problem for onsite guests, provided you can still pay off the balance when and how you like. We paid it off with TCs every few days - it is helpful for me to physically see how much money I have left.

For offsite guests this could get a bit more tricky though, particularly for those from outside the US.

Interestingly we were on a DCL cruise last year and the ship is cashless - but you can use cash or TCs to pay your balance if you wish.

The ships don’t have any offsite guests though, by definition!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
You can still pay off your room charges with cash.

This is designed to reduce costs and probably helps with cash registers not always being able to be balanced correctly due to, shall we say, people not being honest..
Ah, I see. Well, that’s good news for us! Thank you!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List