Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Apr 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

A no-lose situation, Free DDP on Disney, or Pinchy!

This speculation happens every year and every year Disney does Free DDP. It does it because it wants early bookings from long staying big spending Brits. If it really is desperate to end the free dining my best guess would be 2019 for 2020, Star Wars opens Dec 2019 and 2021 is is 50th anniversary, both should mean big attendances with a limited need to discount. Cancelling the Brit Free DDP in 2018 for 2019 holidays doesn’t make that much sense to me.

I reckon Pinchys money is safe enough this year!
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mpark90
Excited about Disney

mpark90's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hello,
Thought i'd throw my two pence in.

I work for a company that may or may not sell holidays to said TA's. :o

Disney haven't said a word to us yet.
They have not denied the free dining.

And we've heard they released it super early last year to coincide with Ant n Dec being at Disney early April and was expecting that to boost sales (which is did)

I would be very very surprised if there is no free DDP

Edited at 08:26 PM.
mpark90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Mobile

Finding the waiting very stressful this year 😩🙏

Dh was already pushing for an Orlando free year in 2019. If free dining isn’t offered he’ll have a strong argument!
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
As the title says...I popped in today to ask if they will be taking part once released she said Disney have told them categorically there is no ddp this year. There will be a different kind of offer but not that!

Oh dear.. I hope to god she's wrong but then j keep thinking of ocean Florida and my magic holidays who have both said they'd honour ddp if released... I assumed they had a heads up from Disney but now I'm thinking may be they just say this to get a booking early?!
Really worried!
It wouldn't surprise me if TUI are saying there won't be any to get a booking early rather than the others who say there will be. My sister worked for a travel agent for years and she said they'd try all sorts of tricks to get people to book.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Eh, what about the snacks and QS meals?
Greedy.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
It seems strange that so e people don't believe TAs when they say free DDP isn't happening ( as they wont be informed untill its released) but do believe them when they say it will happen (when again they are unlikely to know..).

We will only know if free DDP is happening is when or if it actually happens.
It's selective believing - some people only believe what they want to believe.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Mobile

Originally Posted by mpark90 View Post
Hello,
Thought i'd throw my two pence in.

I work for a company that may or may not sell holidays to said TA's. :o

Disney haven't said a word to us yet.
They have no denied the free dining.

And we've heard they released it super early last year to coincide with Ant n Dec being at Disney early April and was expecting that to boost sales (which is did)

I would be very very surprised if there is no free DDP
This is why I thought It would be out now as Saturday night takeaway final is Saturday and surely Disney will want us all to book with them and not lose sales to universal. But all we can do is wait. We'll be staying off-site next year if there's no free dining unless there's an offer that equates to a similar amount to counteract losing it. I can't cope with the wauring game 😭
Old 3 Apr 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I know every year there is always a TA that says it's not happening but not seen it like this before where so many TA's so they don't know a date yet.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
This time of year is almost the same feeling as Christmas ... is santa real? is santa coming ... I believe ... I'm not sure if I do believe ... will I get what I want/asked for ... and then the reveal on DDP day is just as exciting - Love watching all of the posts of excitement and the rush of those booking - don't think it will be me as not been able to convince DH yet but will enjoy everyone else's excitement.

Good luck everyone planning to book, I hope you all get what you want/wish for

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
Should someone not be saying that "this happens every single year"?
This year is a bit different though. There are changes afoot at Disney, and not good ones from the customer's POV.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List