Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Apr 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SadieC
New Poster (5)

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stepaway View Post
The price on VH is still around what I agreed on but the Disney price has jumped by £650
Mine is in myanage my booking - I will wait and see but I was told we were only waiting for the rooms to be confirmed - I thought the price was the price. I am probably being too impatient!
But yay it’s booked!
SadieC is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Woodyjessiebuzz
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by SadieC View Post
Mine is showing as confirmed but the price is showing as just over £120 more. I haven’t had a confirmation email yet so waiting to see if this is still in the process of being updated.
Anyone else notice a price change before it went to the original price?
Mine did by £17 but I rung they said it’s normal for that to happen and it will go back to Normal once all completed by Disney etc
Woodyjessiebuzz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Mine is confirmed although change from French quarter to riverside. Seems to be a few issues with port Orleans on Disney site.
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithkfs
Imagineer

I had an email this morning saying my booking had changed

I've been moved to a FQ Garden View room (had pre-booked a FQ Riverview room) and they've added a hire car which I never requested - My holiday is showing as £200 cheaper than when I pre-booked

I was going to see about upgrading to a riverview room but I only use it to have somewhere to sleep and shower so think I may stick with the Garden View (more money for spends )

Online chat is showing as offline and I couldn't get through this morning so have booked an appointment at our local shop tomorrow after work to get the hire car removed

Excited to be going again

Kath x

Disney All Stars Movies Resort - 2006
Disney Pop Century Resort - 2007
Disney All Stars Sports Resort - 2010
Disney POFQ - 2013
- Smithy Goes Solo - Sept 2013 - Trip Report
Disney Pop Century Resort - 2015 - Disney and Me - Sept 15 - Trip Report
Smithkfs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

I don't really want to pay for a garden view room (to change to FQ) if standard rooms will become available soon, especially as most rooms at FQ are garden view anyway so you've a good chance of getting one with a standard view booking ( we always have) however we really want FQ!
What to do... Still waiting to hear from our agent with options

People who've been moved to Riverside, are you planning to stick with Riverside or move?

I am very happy with our price, £7290 (Kenwood are quoting 7000 before upgraded dining for our dates!) The accommodation/ flight price along on the VH site has gone from around £5200 when I booked it to £7000 now! Thats before tickets are added! So keeping our VH booking definitely, Riverside wouldn't be the end of the world but would prefer FQ as its our home from home and we couldn't stay there last time due to being a party of 5.

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Holly's-mummy View Post
I don't really want to pay for a garden view room (to change to FQ) if standard rooms will become available soon, especially as most rooms at FQ are garden view anyway so you've a good chance of getting one with a standard view booking ( we always have) however we really want FQ!
What to do... Still waiting to hear from our agent with options

People who've been moved to Riverside, are you planning to stick with Riverside or move?

I am very happy with our price, £7290 (Kenwood are quoting 7000 before upgraded dining for our dates!) The accommodation/ flight price along on the VH site has gone from around £5200 when I booked it to £7000 now! Thats before tickets are added! So keeping our VH booking definitely, Riverside wouldn't be the end of the world but would prefer FQ as its our home from home and we couldn't stay there last time due to being a party of 5.
Not been given any option to upgrade to garden view room for fq..

We are going to stick with riverside for now... we liked the resort last time. However, we chose fq for something different and the toddler splash area.

Not the end of the world being in riverside.
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Not been given any option to upgrade to garden view room for fq..

We are going to stick with riverside for now... we liked the resort last time. However, we chose fq for something different and the toddler splash area.

Not the end of the world being in riverside.
I only mention upgrading to a garden view room at FQ as there is availability for our dates there and the agreement with Virgin was if they couldn't honour our choice of accommodation they would offer alternatives and pay 5% of the upgrade cost. For our dates that would be £236 to upgrade. Im unsure whether to pay it or not.

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone else not confirmed yet? Will be frustrating if riverside gets overly filled from people being forced to move from French quarter and then my riverside booking isn’t confirmed, still availability for my dates online I’m just not very patient!
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SadieC
New Poster (5)

Mobile

Originally Posted by Woodyjessiebuzz View Post
Mine did by £17 but I rung they said it’s normal for that to happen and it will go back to Normal once all completed by Disney etc
That’s great - thank you 😊
SadieC is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Holly's-mummy View Post
I only mention upgrading to a garden view room at FQ as there is availability for our dates there and the agreement with Virgin was if they couldn't honour our choice of accommodation they would offer alternatives and pay 5% of the upgrade cost. For our dates that would be £236 to upgrade. Im unsure whether to pay it or not.
I have not had any of this unfortunately...

We do want FQ as our little one will be 22 months and the splash area is the reason we chose fq... plus smaller resort of course.

I know we can use facilities at both but would be better to be based there.