Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
Dates?
28 March - 11 April as this ties in with our school Easter break which is earlier next year than Easter weekend 👍
Old 7 May 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting for Easter flights ... seeing the prices people are getting I lost my nerve and changed to going in Feb instead :-)
Old 7 May 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nffc90
Being a bit Goofy

We are going on a 3 centre holiday Disney, Clearwater and New York 4/4/19 to 19/04/19 and I have just checked flights on Skyscanner, the cheapest direct flight is coming up at £635pp direct with Finnair, which is on BA flights lgw-mco and returning from jfk-lhr, will I get flights any cheaper?
Nffc90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

For those looking for Easter flights who don’t mind the drive up from Miami just a heads up that it might be worth checking prices on the MAN-LHR-MIA route. Priced up this morning for 2 adults 1young adult (12+) & 1 child, Group W car (Ford Edge or similar) departing Sat 13/4 return Fri 26/4 (+1) c£2,800.
We flew this exact route this Easter and found it to be great for the price over the busy Easter period (when tied to school holidays).
Hth someone.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wooden Top View Post
Still way too expensive for indirect. There's plenty of time to find decent prices for Easter. For 2 adults and 2 kids plus a 7 seater car I would pay around 2k direct and 1500 indirect. This would be to Miami. I go every single Easter without fail and have never had a problem getting these prices with BA.
Totally agree, we paid £1300 for this year BA flydrive into Miami from Manchester, 2 adults 1 child and INT SUV
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
voyagers_uk
Excited about Disney

Any top tips of where to look? Trying to find a good price for flights going out around the 13th and coming back 29th but really flexible with dates. Cheapest I can find is icelandair for about £630pp flight only.
So I've checked icelandair, norwegian, virgin, BA, Thomson and thomas cook.
Is there a best time to book?
Cheers guys
voyagers_uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Waiting to book for Easter 2019 also, 6th -20th April - there are 12 of us (2 being infants), so slightly more complicated. Hoping for direct flights if possible but not for an extortionate price!

Villas booked!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Price/route/when to book is always a personal choice and balance. I’d put the details up for those who are really restricted on dates in case it helps. We also are frequent visitors. Whilst there are savings to be made flying indirect some “indirects” are certainly better than others. The man/lhr/mia routing was much better based on our experiences with chaotic connections we’ve had (also at Easter time) via Newark, Philadelphia or Dallas Fort Worth. Not everyone wants to wait until 4-6 months out before sorting out flights, and the earliest bookers may pay a premium but at least they can book everything else while rates are lower.
Dave that was a good price but my price was for a bigger SUV and an extra person.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrschopper
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm waiting to book for 5th April - 19th April, getting really nervous seeing how much some flights are 😅😅 my husband doesn't want to fly indirect, I'd be happy paying around £2800 for 2 adults, a 12 year old (turns 13 whilst away) and an 11 year old. Do you think that's realistic?
Old 9 May 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Spencerfamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I am debating over Man-Dub-MCO. 30Mar-13Apr 2a 1c Aer Lingus £1181. Good flight times for indirect but £300 more than we paid this year so I am struggling to press the button so early on in the booking window!
What do you guys think- booking is through TravelUp as AerLingus not released return date yet.
Spencerfamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List