Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 May 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just to confirm. Yesterday was my upgrade day with o2, I’ve gone for a £20 per month, 20gb data sim only contract and it has the free travel inclusive zone bolt on. My contract didn’t say this but my o2 says it’s in there, also confirmed with the sales person too
Old 30 May 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Ok so O2 have made this really complicated and hidden a lot of information.

It appears the O2 Travel Terms - regardless of if the £6 per day cost is inclusive of your plan or not - is that it is restricted to 120mins calls a day, 120 texts and its so called "all the data you need"

I don't think anyone would use this amount of mins and texts in a day

But what they've been cheeky on is that the data is throttled if you use more than 150mb in a day for "general data" and 50mb for "video and audio streaming"

So in context, "general data" will be web browsing and iMessage and social media - BUT as long as you don't watch videos/download photos from these. 150mb a day, mixed with Wifi should be fine.

The 50mb for streaming on the other hand is a joke - it literally means you'll get through two albums a day on spotify or a 5min video on iPlayer.

Things should still work as they will just slow your speed down

Regardless...O2 don't offer 4G when roaming anyway, so chances of being able to stream without buffering is limited.

o2/termsandconditi...and-conditions

I updated what you can get from each network on here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Usi...USA-p-427.html

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’ve spoke to o2 and decided to pay of my device plan then change to the £20 sim only contract that is inclusive of us Travel. I’m not losing anything as the monthly contract payments are pretty much the same.
Old 30 May 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

I found out about this yesterday like a few others when i was in the O2 shop haggling for a better sim only deal as typically i use so little data my phone thinks its 1999 I am now on a 12 month £12 tariff however the guy who did the switch for me explained that when I am due to go to Florida (see countdown - nearly DD day ) that I could switch my contract up to a £20 one to get the free bolt on and then reduce it down when I am back. He said that people did not realise this was possible especially as i have been on a sim free tariff for over a year - but not my current one as that started yesterday. It may be worth o2 customers just trying their local shop and see what they say, I am taking nothing for granted and will be walking back in in person to make sure the changes happen before we go. As an aside i upgrade my phone (not through o2) to one with a fantastic camera in the hope that this will now be my holiday and everyday phone rather than having to have 2 separate numbers/sims just to get a fair phone deal in the US.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkwolf
Getting Excited

Glad o2 have finally caught up. Think a lot of people were leaving due to this. I’ve been with them for years and was going to leave, only due to the USA roaming. Looks like I won’t have to bother

DLP March 2012
Terra Verde Oct 2014
Terra Verde Oct 2017
Mkwolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mkwolf View Post
Glad o2 have finally caught up. Think a lot of people were leaving due to this. I’ve been with them for years and was going to leave, only due to the USA roaming. Looks like I won’t have to bother
Couldn't agree more, we were about to change network after being with O2 for years but have always found O2 very reliable so decided to stay once they finally caught up.
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Mobile

Historically if you’re on a 12m or longer contract you can not move down a tariff (eg go cheaper) as you have signed into that contract...like any other service!

I’m sceptical about this so be sure to get it confirmed twice or in writing or something.

I left O2 last year because the roaming was poor. It’s bettwr now but still not the best. Also be conscious for U.K. usage that they’ve bought hardly any 5G spectrum and got hardly any 4G. Feels like Telefonica want to sell them

May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Well still looks like it's the daily £4.99 per day for me as I upgraded before this new sim deal came out and I am on the 20gb for £20 a month sim.

I have had phone issues with 02 since last Friday as they say a phone mast is not working in my area and can't receive calls now😡

Been with 02 for over 20 years and not very happy at the moment and it's gonna be an expensive 3 week phone bill if they won't budge on the travel package cost.

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Originally Posted by wendy7654 View Post
Well still looks like it's the daily £4.99 per day for me as I upgraded before this new sim deal came out and I am on the 20gb for £20 a month sim.

I have had phone issues with 02 since last Friday as they say a phone mast is not working in my area and can't receive calls now😡

Been with 02 for over 20 years and not very happy at the moment and it's gonna be an expensive 3 week phone bill if they won't budge on the travel package cost.
Don't forget it's actually £6 a month because they tell you the ex-VAT cost

You're better off taking a Three SIM if price is an issue.
If it's full home usage plus 4G you want then EE or Vodafone is your best choice (VF is same price as O2)

May14, Sep15... Mar17
Old 31 May 18, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fatboyslick View Post
Don't forget it's actually £6 a month because they tell you the ex-VAT cost

You're better off taking a Three SIM if price is an issue.
If it's full home usage plus 4G you want then EE or Vodafone is your best choice (VF is same price as O2)
Thanks will look into it , didn’t know it worked out at £6 a day will work out dear for the 3 weeks we are there as the charge starts as soon as even 1 text sent.
May see what discount I can get after the problems I’ve had this past week.

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List