Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jun 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
kenny109
Getting to know the DIBB

1st Day Park Recommendation

We fly out on Friday 11th October 2019 and looking for advice on what park to go to on our first full day?

I believe that weekend is Columbus Day holiday so thinking the parks will be busier than normal but keen to go to one of the Disney parks for rope drop to take advantage of the jet leg!

Any recommendations would be most appreciated
kenny109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kenny109 View Post
We fly out on Friday 11th October 2019 and looking for advice on what park to go to on our first full day?

I believe that weekend is Columbus Day holiday so thinking the parks will be busier than normal but keen to go to one of the Disney parks for rope drop to take advantage of the jet leg!

Any recommendations would be most appreciated
have you had a look at the Dibb Busy Day Guide... should see it on the Dibb menu to the right

Just checked and it suggest Epcot or Universal Studios

Edited at 05:59 PM.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post

I would go to Animal Kingdom. I wouldn't fancy MK on a Saturday and AK usually has EMH on a Saturday so you can take advantage of that too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Are you on or off site? As I would avoid AK if you're offsite as you'll end up an hour behind the EMH crowds.

I would consider HS, especially if you want to go on the new TSL rides and weren't able to get FPs. But if you've got all the FPs you need, there's not a HUGE amount to do so I'd go with MK as you'll be able to knock out quite a few attractions with that first day energy. Then head out after a few hours once it starts getting busy, you might need a nap by that point anyway depending when the jet lag woke you up.

I'd avoid Epcot as it's F&W on a holiday weekend. But if you were only going for a few hours before WS opens, it would be fine - the F&W specific crowds don't pick up there until afternoon.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kenny109
Getting to know the DIBB

thank you - i'll use the busy day guide to help with our planning.

I was thinking MK would be too busy as well but wasn't sure about the other Disney parks.
kenny109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kenny109
Getting to know the DIBB

We're staying offsite but was going to book a nights stay at the Disney camp site to get Magicbands and 60 day FP
Old 16 Jun 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Mobile

We always go to MK on our first morning whatever the busy day guides say. We are awake super early so get there for rope drop and leave around lunch time.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I would go Epcot.

my guess MK AK and DHS would all be equally as busy. Epcot would be best to get to grips with, you'll have just as much fun, hopefully it wont be as overcrowded as the other parks for Columbus Day
Old 16 Jun 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
kenny109
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks all... I’m now thinking Willeve’s advice about leaving around lunch time due to the old jet lag catching up with us may be a good idea.

We’ve two weeks to pack in Disney and Universal so can revisit the park we leave early on our first day
Old 18 Jun 18, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ConnorD
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If you’re going to any other parks other than Disney, I would suggest SeaWorld (if you support it!) I’m here today - Father’s Day - and it hasn’t been that bad. 5m for Mako at 12:30!
ConnorD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List