Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
davidh71
Trying for More Ears

Yes - go to 'Thread Tools' at the top of the page and subscribe to the thread. You can choose to get instant or daily emails.

Would be great if everyone did this and kept the posts on the thread to deals
davidh71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Unfortunately my budget is no where near... though I am hoping the outside school holiday return leg will bring the price down
Have been looking at Doncaster with this but their prices seem to be at this price for my dates as well... Think realistically a connection might be happening ... we have 5 of us and don't want to go over £2500
Prices are usually lower (maybe 200 as it's only one leg) for outside summer holiday return.
For 500 a head, I imagine you'll be looking at indirect.
Take a look at AA from Manchester or Delta.
The flight down to Gatwick, travel over to Heathrow with BA is a pain. They do a Miami from Gatwick I think which can be had for mid 500s in the past, but not worth the hassle to me.
For direct from Manchester this year I paid the same with TC. I kept checking and only saw them go up with all carriers. Virgin never came close. Aer Lingus never got cheaper either with the Dublin connection. I'd do that as I know Dublin airport well and the pre clearance us good, but for the waiting around on return leg it would need to be quite a bit cheaper.
Very last minute I noticed some TC flights come up cheaper about £700 each or just over, but we can't risk last minute.
I feel your pain. When I read about people getting £400 flights, or £1k upper I get very jealous, it's at least £3.5 for us 4 in economy. Only 7 years to go...
Old 15 Aug 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We are going 25th August for 2 weeks, hopefully from Manchester. Gatwick would need to be an amazing price to warrant the awful drive back to the Midlands. I would like to pay £550 including bag and seat reservation and fly direct. We paid £1000 each for Virgin flights in the school holidays last year so are desperate for a good deal now we are going later.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
We are going 25th August for 2 weeks, hopefully from Manchester. Gatwick would need to be an amazing price to warrant the awful drive back to the Midlands. I would like to pay £550 including bag and seat reservation and fly direct. We paid £1000 each for Virgin flights in the school holidays last year so are desperate for a good deal now we are going later.
Reckon it should be just about doable right at the end of the hols.
Old 15 Aug 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Isn’t there already a thread running for school holiday dates?
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Prices are usually lower (maybe 200 as it's only one leg) for outside summer holiday return.
For 500 a head, I imagine you'll be looking at indirect.
Take a look at AA from Manchester or Delta.
The flight down to Gatwick, travel over to Heathrow with BA is a pain. They do a Miami from Gatwick I think which can be had for mid 500s in the past, but not worth the hassle to me.
For direct from Manchester this year I paid the same with TC. I kept checking and only saw them go up with all carriers. Virgin never came close. Aer Lingus never got cheaper either with the Dublin connection. I'd do that as I know Dublin airport well and the pre clearance us good, but for the waiting around on return leg it would need to be quite a bit cheaper.
Very last minute I noticed some TC flights come up cheaper about £700 each or just over, but we can't risk last minute.
I feel your pain. When I read about people getting £400 flights, or £1k upper I get very jealous, it's at least £3.5 for us 4 in economy. Only 7 years to go...
Thanks for the info... it is like a minefield deciding but the accomodation has already cost more than anticipated... It looks like I am going to have to gamble and wait a while... I did see my dates on TC a few week as back for £2500...then realised that was for this August so do know I might have to wait until last minute to get the prices I want...will definitely look into these options though
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
Isn’t there already a thread running for school holiday dates?
For July/August but not for August/September... and because I am coming back in September I though it was best to start a specific thread for anyone travelling outside the school holidays

Edited at 04:45 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Reckon it should be just about doable right at the end of the hols.
Charter Travel have come back with a good price for a virgin fly driv but I have gone back to them as we changed our flight day forward to a Sunday. They are quoting £2695 for direct flights from Manchester plus an intermediate car and full insurance. When I have been looking at car hire seperately we are taking approx £400 so that’s £2295 for 3 adult flights ie £765 pp. By the time you add on luggage at £70 the tui flights aren’t far off that and that’s not including car hire. Am tempted as I do love the morning direct Virgin flight. I will wait and see if the price changes for the Sunday then will discuss with DH. I know I will probably get cheaper with another airline but I think that’s a fair price for Virgin direct from Manchester.

They have just got back to me with a price for the Sunday and it’s £2195 all in. Just need to wait for DH to come home to see what he thinks.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP

Edited at 04:49 PM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
GEMTREACLE
Earning My Ears

we are hoping to go the last week's of August.as long as we back before school starts I'm quite easy with dates. I want to do a split stay this time. really wana book hotel but the flight will have to be reasonable. scared it's going to be too much tho.
GEMTREACLE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Unless wanted small regional airports where there is no competition I would not even think about booking for next summer before the BA Xmas sale. We went last year 2A1C flydrive with Ford Edge three weeks for £1275 LHR-MIA direct.

My advice is decide what you want to pay do not pay a penny more book it and do t check again. If you book before flights are released you generally get the worst deal and the day they are released is not a lot better.

We booked for this year in October two weeks ago out to denver back from LA well under £1k for three
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List