Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Oct 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Check out Sweet Tomato where you can get a family meal for about $25 plus we love Publix chicken with a salad. Your budget of $100 a day is doable.

Make a few envelopes and put $100 in each. When you’ve spent it it’s gone but anything left can carry over to the next day.
I love doing this, save a bit one day have more the next. We like to take a big bag of trail mix out with us everyday to snack on then we don't need lunch.
debsym62 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would think it was easily doable with a bit of planning.
It’s worth being aware that parking is now $25/day - it went up 2 weeks ago.
Last year we were near a Publix and spent a fortune on supermarket food. This year near a huge Walmart and food seemed much cheaper. We loved ready cooked chicken and fries or bread and salad for a really easy dinner- we did this for 7 of us (2 chickens, bread and salad for $14 last week). Or a pizza which is ready to eat and huge for $5.
We took bottled water because we prefer it, froze over night then plonked it under our pushchair and it stayed cold for hours. A family sized bag of crisps and some fruit kept us going without lunch most days.
I bought 25 pins on eBay for £15 before we went and split them between three kids. They absolutely loved trading them in the parks and didn’t even ask for much in the way of souvenirs as they were too busy trading at the tills!
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
sorry if this has already bene suggested not read through all comments, can you make up some little snack packs each day for lunch with items from home, take them in your cases my kids loved doing this one year. I definitely think you could manage on £100 if your careful. sign up to resteraunts a week before you go for offers and kids eat free deals, cheap places offsite like steak and shake, sweet tomatoes etc etc

have a fab time
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think you can do it, Kfc do big buckets and they are much nicer than here, McDonalds and Popyees, subway burger king! We eat out but after a park day we might just grab a takeaway on the way home x
Old 30 Oct 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Laura1988 View Post
We will have around $100 a day!
You will have plenty.

Well, ok, maybe not plenty. But certainly enough to use to buy food.

During past holidays (admittedly not recently), we've tended to spend about $1000 on food, snacks, souvenirs, etc in 2 weeks. That's about $72 a day for the 3 of us and included some quick service meals in the parks on many days (we often share two meals between 3 of us), eating out at cheaper offsite restaurants in the evenings, and even buying a few clothes and gifts.

As long as you are careful and don't eat at onsite restaurants (which can be very expensive) and use discounts and offers, you should be fine. And remember to make some sandwiches and get some fruit for lunch at the hotel's buffet breakfast.

(I should point out we used free hotel shuttle buses to get to the parks so didn't pay for parking).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 06:00 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jerseyboss
Earning My Ears

Mobile

I've taken in food to universal and water. You could maybe take in some sandwiches and fruit /sweets and refill the water bottles but obviously you'll still want to at least get a proper meal so still treat yourselves.
If you're going to universal a lot you could actually leave the parks to go to citywalk and get cheaper food.
Universal were selling a full size pizza for around 32dollars whereas I got a cheaper at around 13dollars pizza at a pizza place opposite the fossil watch shop and it tastes much better too.
Also look for coupon books in your hotel there will be money off food place coupons.
Me and my girlfriend got two refillable drinks and all you can eat pizza/pasta /cakes at Cicis pizza (there are a couple on international drive) for 13dollars for both so it worked out about £6.30 each (with a coupon Imight add).

Edited at 10:15 PM.
jerseyboss is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

What a lovely heart warming thread this is. Wonderful to see. Well done everyone