Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 14, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Blimey this is going to confuse a lot of people... gone are the days of just queuing.
You can still just queue, each attraction will still have the normal Standby line.
Old 15 Jan 14, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
darren2175
Excited about Disney

darren2175's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Originally Posted by STomo View Post
But thats not what the flyer says...
I agree the flyer actually says; 'select up to three Disney Fastpass+ experiences at one time and make changes throughout the day'. It does not mention per day.

From the way this is written it would appear that you can select 3, then use 3 then go back to the kiosk and select another 3. From what I have read it is 3 per day, either they have deliberately not said per day or they made a mistake (doubt it) or again this is just another testing method for now.
darren2175 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
STomo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by darren2175 View Post
I agree the flyer actually says; 'select up to three Disney Fastpass+ experiences at one time and make changes throughout the day'. It does not mention per day.

From the way this is written it would appear that you can select 3, then use 3 then go back to the kiosk and select another 3. From what I have read it is 3 per day, either they have deliberately not said per day or they made a mistake (doubt it) or again this is just another testing method for now.
Exactly.

The important bit been "at one time". I know on the other FP+ threads its been saying in one day (although not seen any linkies for that) but this flyer does contradict whats previously been said.
STomo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Reports from guests that were there yesterday suggest that the new system works very well. Queues at the kiosks were probably less or at least no more than they would have been at the legacy fastpass machines.

However this is early days, a lot of offsite guests were maybe confused by the new system and didn't bother using it as it seems the Cast Members were having to actively encourage guests to use the Fastpass+ kiosks.

The only real test of how this affects guests will be when everyone is comfortable with the new system and when it is a busy period, at the moment it is a quiet period.

Overall the Fastpass+ system seems to be getting more positive reviews than negative. Some of the negative reviews are coming from those guests that knew how to maximise the old fastpass system as they are now limited to only 3 fastpass experiences.
And the positive reviews from those staying onsite and are happy to ride an attraction just once. My kids love the option of going on certain rides as many times as possible. That's what they do. There was nothing wrong with maximising the old system that was the point of it being installed in the first place.
This new system has been rolled out and that's progress for disney. Whether it is fair to both onsite and offsite guests is debatable.
The sooner they allow offsite guests the same booking in advance period as on site guests the more acceptable it will be to everyone.
At the moment as an offsite guest I can prebook dinner like an onsite guest so I'm hoping the FP+ will go the same way.
I for one am not looking forward to kiosk rage in peak season.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

So can onsite guests have more fastpasses? I'm a bit sceptical, I thought the old system was fab and I'm not really sure what Disney are gaining from this new system (I presume they're going to make money out of it somehow! )
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
The difference between Onsite and Offsite guests is onsite guests can pre book their fastpasses days in advance whereas offsite guests have to get their fast passes on the day (just like the old system)

Both onsite and offsite guests are currently allocated 3 fast passes per day. In some circumstances bonus fast passes may be issued, so when you go to make your 3 fastpass selections the system may give you a fourth selection. The system will also be able to cope with an attraction going down and present guests with alternatives.

With the old system an offsite guest would have to go to each attraction to get a fastpass on the actual day they are in the park. The same applies with the new system with the exception that you do not have to visit the attraction to get a fastpass, you now get all 3 fast passes at the same time from one of the kiosks.

Another benefit over the old system is you can change your selections during the day by visiting the kiosks or using the MDE App.
Old 15 Jan 14, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

Thanks. It probably won't benefit us because we don't go with an itinerary, we tend to decide the night before where were going to go! Plus 3 isn't many!

Trying to keep an open mind but I'm struggling
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
The difference between Onsite and Offsite guests is onsite guests can pre book their fastpasses days in advance whereas offsite guests have to get their fast passes on the day (just like the old system)

With the old system an offsite guest would have to go to each attraction to get a fastpass on the actual day they are in the park. The same applies with the new system with the exception that you do not have to visit the attraction to get a fastpass, you now get all 3 fast passes at the same time from one of the kiosks.

another benefit over the old system is you can change your selections during the day by visiting the kiosks or using the MDE App.
With the old system an onsite guest was treated the same and had to go to each attraction for a FP. Once In the park there was no difference to onsite and offsite. I expect disney will correct this shortly or risk fewer visitors to the park. By offering advance bookings for all there would be fewer problems and disney could control crowd levels much better between parks.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I wonder if the next move is to enable offsite visitors to use the app once in the park? That would cut down on queues at the kiosks.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by JK's Mummy View Post
Thanks. It probably won't benefit us because we don't go with an itinerary, we tend to decide the night before where were going to go! Plus 3 isn't many!
Exactly what we do. But you can change your passes at anytime. Its very easy to do even after the start of the fastpass window. If you decide to go to Epcot instead of MK you can just change your passes.

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
With the old system an onsite guest was treated the same and had to go to each attraction for a FP. Once In the park there was no difference to onsite and offsite. I expect disney will correct this shortly or risk fewer visitors to the park. By offering advance bookings for all there would be fewer problems and disney could control crowd levels much better between parks.
But how will Disney know when you will be visiting if you are staying offsite to allow you to book fastpasses in advance?
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List