Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 14, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We stayed "offsite" for the first 10 days of our trip just gone. No snobbery here...my point again is a technical one. Having a ticket does not convey a date with it when you will be there... your hotel stay does and hence why Disney know what days you can book your FPs for. No snobbery involved I promise you.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Can you pick up the flyers for other parks and have them filled out and ready for the next day?. E.G at MK pick up flyers for Epcot,DHS and AK. This is something I would do if possible. Also if you park hop can you use 3 in each park or is it 3 only per person per day?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

And the benefits have remained in the form of extra hours. I'm not saying they should be removed. All I'm saying is that it would be a simple fix to include off site guests to get FP+ in advance as well.
Surely you must agree with that. Yes or no?
As stated I have paid the same price for my ticket as yourself my friend has an annual pass who lives 10 miles from disney he also wants the same benefits and he like many locals would not stay on site. Should they not have the FP+ advance booking benefits?

And yes it is snobbery if you think only disney guests should have FP+ advance bookings.

Edited at 04:33 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
And the benefits have remained in the form of extra hours. I'm not saying they should be removed. All I'm saying is that it would be a simple fix to include off site guests to get FP+ in advance as well.
As stated I have paid the same price for my ticket as yourself my friend has an annual pass who lives 10 miles from disney he also wants the same benefits and he like many locals would not stay on site. Should they not have the FP+ advance booking benefits?
Could not answer as to whether it would be an easy fix. But a ticket booking only has a start validity of any time in that year. Disney would not know if this will be used in February or August. Hotel booking defines when a ticket will be used.

However, why would you think Disney would / should give any extra benefits to offsite guests? This is what you are requesting...
Old 15 Jan 14, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Personally, no, I don't agree.

I have stayed onsite and offsite during my many visits to WDW, when I stay on site I expect some extra perks as I'm paying a premium to be immersed in the Disney experience.
When I have stayed off site I am not paying the same premium and I don't expect to get the same perks.

I have also had Annual Passes in the past and the annual pass has has it's own set of perks such as free parking, merchandise discounts, Dining discounts, Sports, Recreation and Spa Discounts, Events and Entertainment Discounts, etc.
And yes it is snobbery if you think only disney guests should have FP+ advance bookings.
If we class having extra perks as snobbery then wouldn't having an Annual Pass also be considered snobbery?
Old 15 Jan 14, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

You've still completely lost me

I would hope that all guests get to choose in advance whether onsite or off... but that might mean the need for you to purchase your tickets for a set date which again, people might not like.

Not sure how much clearer I could be.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MEZZA
Imagineer

MEZZA's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3

No don't agree, pay to stay on site and receive extra benefits for that.

Nothing to do with snobbery, you have choice to where you stay.

How do you feel about universal on site guests getting extra benefits ? Or should that be changed to suit your demands.

MEZZA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 14, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Not joining the 'snobbery' debate here... but an offsite guest can make a dining reservation with no proof that they will be visiting the park that day. Why can't the same be done for a FP+ ?

Just for the record I think you should get a few perks for staying on-site but why not just give you 5 FP+ a day instead of 3 but allow the same use of the system for all. Seems fair to me.
Old 15 Jan 14, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Not joining the 'snobbery' debate here... but an offsite guest can make a dining reservation with no proof that they will be visiting the park that day. Why can't the same be done for a FP+ ?

Just for the record I think you should get a few perks for staying on-site but why not just give you 5 FP+ a day instead of 3 but allow the same use of the system for all. Seems fair to me.
Surely then the complaints will come that onsite guests get more FP's?

Yes, they are enhancing the onsite experience... but do not agree that this should be extended beyond this, and cannot see a reason as to why Disney would also enhance the offsite experience... doesn't make sense.
Old 15 Jan 14, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post

They take credit card as guarantee don't they?

Edited at 05:01 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List