Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 25 May 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

Rides with a 6 month year old at Disneyland Paris

My husband and I have booked a last minute trip to Disneyland Paris next weekend with our 6 month year old boy.

I have been excitedly planning until I saw a discussion on anougher site about Disneyland Paris not allowing under 1s on the rides.

I can’t see any information on the official website stating an age limit. Does anyone know if this is still in effect? I will be so disappointed if I can’t take him on rides like Pan and Snow Whie...
Old 25 May 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

I heard this before I went with our then 10 months ago but nobody ever asked us how old he was! We actually didn't do those rides (weird, I know!) but did HM, IASW lots, Buzz, the Carousel (actually they did ask there, but just to say he couldn't go on a horse!).
Old 25 May 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

Thanks Piglet100, the threads where all from 5+ years ago, so hopefully they no longer have this rule.
Old 25 May 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Maxymoo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I took my youngest ds when he was 7 months old. We were just talking about it this am! He was asking what he went on . We took him on iasw Peter Pan , dumbos, a carriage on the carousel, Pinocchio, potc to name a few. He loved meeting Pluto and pulling his nose and loved stuffing his face with a cake/ pudding from breakfast buffet in New York hotel. I have 2 older boys but he had a great time!
Maxymoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

Thanks Maximo, that’s really reassuring. I was so worried I had made a big mistake! Need to get back to the planning now.
Old 25 May 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

We took our 5yr old when he was 10months and were asked on nearly every ride if he was 1 including pan, dumbo and buzz. As he was 10months we just said he was 1. It used to be on the accessibility guide but it may have changed!

Edited: I’ve just checked and when you click on the rides it used to be under the link which says ‘accessibility and other information’ and it doesn’t mention it anymore so I think it’s definitly changed! It was such a daft ruling!

Edited at 05:18 PM.
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

I’m so glad it seams to have changed, but I will report back if we find different once we are out there. Thanks again everyone.
Old 25 May 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

i took my 3 month old on almost all the rides at wdw! seems crazy that dlp would have different rules.
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Worrypenny
Getting Excited

Worrypenny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This is interesting as we’re going with our DD, her husband and their 6 month baby and it was a question I was going to pose.
Also, do they have child swap like at WDW?
Thank you.
Worrypenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Worrypenny View Post
This is interesting as we’re going with our DD, her husband and their 6 month baby and it was a question I was going to pose.
Also, do they have child swap like at WDW?
Thank you.
Yes they do, we used it for space, big thunder, Star tours. Sure its available on others but we just did these this time.

Usually we asked every cast member we passed in the queue for a rider swap pass and usually it was the cast member when you got off the ride who gave it to us. Just a laminated bit of paper with no date or anything, we showed it at the exit when the other person wanted to ride and got strait on.

Not sure how it's meant to work with FP but we also used it in after using a FP as final cast member doesn't know if you were in FP queue or not.

At rattatouille they said you couldn't have one in the single rider queue, so as the normal queue was an hour we just took turns doing single rider.

Very easy and we managed to get on all we wanted while DS napped!