Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Aug 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I don't think I could consider a villa that wasn't owned by a Dibber, peace of mind imo

A friend of mine booked one recently through homeaway (I think that's what they're called) they use them all the time for other places around the world, but were REALLY Disappointed with their Florida villa which was very tired and felt to them that it had sat empty for a while.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

I also only use DIBB villas, I dont no why maybe I just feel safe with a DIBB villa, I have never had a bad DIBB villa and booking direct with the owner I just find so much better.

I did Home and Away once for a villa in Spain and to be fair it all went ok and the villa was lovely. But I heard and read so many horror stories that I was nervous until we arrived and new the villa was standing. I am sure for every One bad villa booking there are 100s of great ones. But for me ts DIBB villas all the way.
Old 26 Aug 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We have booked villas from the Dibb, Homeaway,Kenwood Travel and VBRO and all have been fine. We always try to contact the owner direct have never been disappointed with any of our choices.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy3075
Excited about Disney

Goofy3075's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 8
Many Villa web sites now charge a service fee which the guests pay. This fee goes direct to the web site and not to the owner. HomeAway introduced it when Expedia bought HA 2 years ago.
Also, if you are using a villa web site, I would use the UK (co.uk) version so you pay in pounds and not the currency of the villa owner so you don't incur a credit card currency conversion fee.

Encantada Holiday Home
4 bed, 3 bath, private pool, lake side location, very close to Disney, free super fast Wi-Fi.
Free resort facilities: 2 x pools, 2 x spas, gym, clubhouse with a licenced bar and pool table.
Florida Vacation Licence Number DWE5919120
Goofy3075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I also book dibb villas. Definitely feel more secure and it's great having direct contact with the owners. Theyealways offer useful advice and are very quick in replying. I have another dibb villa booked for 2020

Edited at 06:37 PM.
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Also when you look at villas on here you can also look at the reviews left by other dibbers for that villa.

You can also look at the villa location map.

Happy villa hunting.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 3 Sep 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have used holidaylettings.co.uk with some success and have booked through them for next summer.

I only look at them or the DIBB these days.

The danger in long ahead bookings with an individual (albeit through a forum or company) is that circumstances may change and the villa even be sold. This happened to us in 2017 and whilst our deposit was immediately returned, holiday letting were all over us, researching and making us aware of alternatives. They were really good, hence some measure of loyalty.

Edited at 07:50 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Some people just use the dibb to rent out villas just like they would home andaway etc and have no other involvement on the dibb. Just because its offered in the dibb it doesn't give you any more protection than any other website, sometimes its less. I personmelly wouldn't restrict myself to just one website and will always do other checks before we book any villa including those from the dibb. We tend to find those on the dibb to be more expensive for some reason when compared to similar properties elsewhere.

Edited at 08:16 AM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List