Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Feb 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

All lovely resorts, I'd probably choose The Poly for the theming and location although it's correct that the lobby gets really busy because of O'Hanas. I'd just avoid it though

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We're having a similar-dish debate to tag some days onto the end of our OKW stay in August, as we currently have 11 days with no plans nor bookings yet.

We're not considering the Beach Club, not because it's not lovely - we've stayed there a few times and we love it to bits - but because we want a few days in a monorail resort.

The Grand Floridian does nothing for us (similarly when we went to Disneyland last year, we booked the Disneyland Hotel over the Grand Californian, even though it was the same price) so it would be the Poly or the Contemporary for us.

There's not a wrong choice here though - they are all excellent hotels you're bound to enjoy!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Only Beach Club and Yatch Club guests can use Stormalong Bay but no one ever checked when we was there - it was never busy either. Which was nice given the madness in the parks
I am at the Yacht Club at the moment, we have not tried to go to Stormalong Bay but walk past it four times a day and they are either checking every band or by coincidence they check every band whenever they spot that I am passing by.

We are glad we are in Yacht Club not Beach Club as we have a full balcony, the buses stop here first and we always get a seat and we find the public areas quieter and more relaxing which suits us. Beach Club seems to be more family orientated and the public areas a bit hectic, but nothing like the Poly!

If I was staying at a monorail hotel, I would pick the Contemporary. I think Grand Floridian is lovely though and I am sure I would enjoy it there. The Poly is my idea of hell, it was the first Disney hotel I ever booked though, thank goodness I changed it. Not for us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am at the Yacht Club at the moment, we have not tried to go to Stormalong Bay but walk past it four times a day and they are either checking every band or by coincidence they check every band whenever they spot that I am passing by.

We are glad we are in Yacht Club not Beach Club as we have a full balcony, the buses stop here first and we always get a seat and we find the public areas quieter and more relaxing which suits us. Beach Club seems to be more family orientated and the public areas a bit hectic, but nothing like the Poly!

If I was staying at a monorail hotel, I would pick the Contemporary. I think Grand Floridian is lovely though and I am sure I would enjoy it there. The Poly is my idea of hell, it was the first Disney hotel I ever booked though, thank goodness I changed it. Not for us.
Yeah the bus does go to YC first but we only once in 12 day stay couldn't get on the bus and had to wait for a second one (which only stopped at BC).

I certainly wouldn't describe the BC as hectic at all but it is more family orientated.

You can get full balconies at BC also just to note. We had one
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
You can get full balconies at BC also just to note. We had one
I know you can, but not everyone will.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I know you can, but not everyone will.
No not everyone, we requested one and got lucky
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
I’m going against the grain I absolutely loved the Poly we stayed there for 2 nights last month and I felt tearful when we left. Never felt the lobby was busy maybe we were lucky. Stayed at the YC and was really disappointed with it mainly due to the state of the rooms (pre refurb in 2016), got moved from the first room but the 2nd wasn’t much better. Would pick the Poly every time over the YC/BC.
Old 8 Mar 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

im hoping to book a 14 night stay at the Poly. ive been busy reading reviews and trying to work out what is best for my family of 5 (2 adults, kids aged 9,8 and 6). We want quality and theming, nothing "too" grown-up/posh which is why we have discounted the Grand. Ideally we would have monorail connection so therefore the poly seems perfect for us. Any thoughts?

Whats the QS food like at the Poly?
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

Have been reading along with great interest. We have split stay booked for August 9 nights at BC and 5 nights at AKL. Lovely to hear all the lovely experiences at BC :-).

I do like the sound of the Poly also, however think I would only consider this if we were without the kids. GF also looks lovely but just doesn't do it for me on a Disney holiday.

Enjoy whichever you end up choosing I'm sure they will all be lovely!
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
emsparkles
VIP Dibber

emsparkles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Having stayed at The boardwalk, Beach club and GF we now would always op for an Epcot area resort. The location for us is pretty hard to beat. We don’t have any children in our family at the moment and so we prefer the more adult feel of these resorts and the close proximity to Epcot and HS. As a child however nothing could beat been one monorail stop alway from MK and my memories of that resort as a child will always be the best.

DVC Member: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort- August 2001 February 2024
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort- March 2020, October 2018 & 2023
Disney's Boardwalk Inn & Villas - February/March 2017 & 2016
Disney's Coronando Springs Resort - June 2013
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2012 & March 2022
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - April 1995 & 1998
emsparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List