Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Apr 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Cancelling one person?

With less than three months to go, my husband has left and will no longer be coming on our holiday. Does anyone have any experience of cancelling one person from a booking? Would you cancel and get the ticket cost back or leave it as it is, even though I know we won't use all the DDP credits?
We are in a studio at OKW with free DDP, I have made all my ADR's for 4 people, I've tried modifying but am unable to reduce the number of people and a lot of my times are unavailable. Will it matter if only three of us turn up to a reservation for 4?
It will now be just me and my teens aged 18 & 16.
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Sorry to hear this.

Don’t worry about your ADRs, you will be fine with less people turning up, so keep them as 4. Turning up with 5 instead of 4 would have been an issue.

Are you sure you wouldn’t use his credits? You could book a couple of signatures or maybe some breakfasts?

And sorry, I don’t have any experience of what is involved with cancelling a person off.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Also sorry to hear this.

Have you paid your balance in full yet? If not you may be able to cancel one person and just pay an amendment fee. If you have paid in full then you may get a % back on that one cancellation. Check the terms and conditions before speaking to your travel agent.

If that's a no go then as above consider booking some signature restaurants to use the credits.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

I'm in the same situation, I rang ATD to see what my options are the only saving I would be making is his Disney ticket. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to push my holiday back, I don't think I will be able to save enough money up as I have also had to give up my business

Good luck whatever you decide to do, I hope you make some fantastic memories
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thankyou all, I haven’t paid in full yet the balance is due in 3 weeks, luckiIy I have the money set aside to pay it and my husband is happy for us to go without him. We have 3 week tickets booked so it would be £420 off the total I guess. We already have a few signatures booked as he was only staying for part of the trip.
I think I’ll call them tomorrow and see what my options are as I think ideally I would cancel his ticket and use the extra as spending money.
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

The other option, if you feel you won't use all the credits, is you could maybe do some random acts of kindness?

If you're out at a restaurant and see someone you'd like to treat then use some of your credits to pay for their meal- that would work at buffets and places like Ohana and give you a nice buzz!

However I'm really sorry to hear this has happened, its never nice timing but I think it's great you're still going as I'm sure it'll help you all to have something nice to look forward to!

Edited at 06:36 AM.
Wonder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
The other option, if you feel you won't use all the credits, is you could maybe do some random acts of kindness?

If you're out at a restaurant and see someone you'd like to treat then use some of your credits to pay for there meal- that woukd work at buffets and places like Ohana and give you a nice buzz!

However I'm really sorry to hear this has happened, its never nice timing but I think it's great you're still going as I'm sure it'll help you all to have something nice to look forward to!
Thankyou, I agree its a lovely idea and I had planned to do this at QS places as we never manage to use all our QS credits either x
Old 24 Apr 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Quick update, I phoned Disney and would have saved £239 removing my husband from the booking. I asked if there was any availability for 3 extra nights taking us up to 21 nights at OKW, and there was, so I booked it! Its added £200 to the original price, but I had another hotel booked which was refundable, so Ive cancelled that and we have 3 extra DDP days.
I also put in a room request while I was on the phone so fingers crossed!
Old 24 Apr 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by ozzyowl1 View Post
Quick update, I phoned Disney and would have saved £239 removing my husband from the booking. I asked if there was any availability for 3 extra nights taking us up to 21 nights at OKW, and there was, so I booked it! Its added £200 to the original price, but I had another hotel booked which was refundable, so Ive cancelled that and we have 3 extra DDP days.
I also put in a room request while I was on the phone so fingers crossed!
Good job! Sounds like an awesome trip.

And a big thumbs up for carrying on without your DH.

XXXXX
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Excellent update! Got to love a few extra Disney days and DDP days