Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Apr 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Walking on a pebble (Metatarsalgia)

I have metatarsalgia or capsulitis of the second toe. It means I constantly feel like I'm walking on a stone where my second toe joint is.

It has developed over time due to my hypermobility and the fact my second toe is longer than my big toe... Fun... It means my toe joint bashes on the floor when I walk and is now inflamed.

July will be my first trip with this being as bad as it is... I now wear orthotics from the gp but they can't be worn with sandals.

Does anyone have any recommendation for sandals, shoes and trainers if they suffer anything similar?

Any thanks in advance

Eta: added the medical term to the title as advised by next poster.

Edited at 06:41 AM.
Wonder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

To be honest, I think you’d be better including the medical term in your thread title!

Others with experience of the condition may then be more likely to spot it as something they can help with & you really only want those people to give advice; others with no experience can’t really give valid experienced advice?

The current title is a little too vague?

Edited at 10:52 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Never heard of this, sorry, but have you considered hiring an ECV?
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
To be honest, I think you’d be better including the medical term in your thread title!

Others with experience of the condition may then be more likely to spot it as something they can help with & you really only want those people to give advice; others with no experience can’t really give valid experienced advice?

The current title is a little too vague?
Thanks Scooby, edited to add the medical term to the title.
Wonder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Never heard of this, sorry, but have you considered hiring an ECV?
I'd rather not go down the ECV route just yet if I can help it, I'm only 36 and like to commando the parks and that would scupper things a bit!
Old 29 Apr 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I didn’t know this was a thing! But do you know what? I think I have it! Second toe, left foot, longer than big toe, hurts like hell and has done for months! Mine is where my second toe joins my foot, I also have hypermobile toes that dislocate at will! I’m afraid I have no advice but thank you for posting.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
I didn’t know this was a thing! But do you know what? I think I have it! Second toe, left foot, longer than big toe, hurts like hell and has done for months! Mine is where my second toe joins my foot, I also have hypermobile toes that dislocate at will! I’m afraid I have no advice but thank you for posting.
Pop to the docs as they will be able to refer you to the Podiatric team who will be able to give you orthotics and advice.

I've also had steroid injections in the joint but that hasn't helped me.

It's blummin painful though isn't it?!
Old 6 May 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter has suffered a lot with her feet due to hypermobility, flat feet and extra bones in her feet. She also has orthotics so can’t wear sandals. She finds Vans/Converse type of trainers the most comfortable for parks, as they give support but aren’t too heavy or hot. We have found it’s been a case of trial and error, we have spent hours in shops with her trying on different styles. She has also bought many pairs of shoes that feel fine in the shop but cause pain after wearing them for a while. I do hope you find something suitable.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mumx3
Imagineer

mumx3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
OOh i feel for you, I suffered from this for almost a year and yes its flipping painful. Its left me with a big gap between 2nd and 3rd toes which I absolutely hate,

I was told never to wear any sandals with toe posts, which is all I ever wore in the summer time, Ive now thrown them all away and wear sandals without.

The physio stuck little soft pads on the outside of where my foot is, inside my sandals and told me to use them in all my footwear. They definitely helped, they took the pressure off of my 2nd toe and the ball of my foot.
2003 Xmas..Blue Tree Resort..2007 Xmas..Villa Kissimmee..2008..Mauritius..2009..Marriott Cypress Harbour..2010..CA Road Trip & Xmas in Vegas..2012..Xmas Mauritius..2013.Mauritius..2014.Poland..2015..Canada
2016..New York. & Lanzerote..2017.Caribbean cruise.. 2018..Prague...2018 Turkey...2019 Dubai..2019 India
mumx3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
Pop to the docs as they will be able to refer you to the Podiatric team who will be able to give you orthotics and advice.

I've also had steroid injections in the joint but that hasn't helped me.

It's blummin painful though isn't it?!
It’s so sore! I thought it was just my stupid hypermobile toes and my job (hairdresser) that was my issue!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List