Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jun 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

All Ok here. Emma has been revising Psychology and History.

She is going to have an hour off and go to choir later.

Good luck to everyone for the exams this week.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Sammykitten - how did your DD get on today?
hmmm. I wish I could say okay. She waffled - however, at least she went into the exam and wrote stuff, because at one point early this morning even that was looking doubtful .

At least she is still talking to me, she hasn't withdrawn, and she's still planning on revising for the rest of her exams and sitting them. She can still pull it back, as she still has one exam each in all 3 subjects (2 in the philo subject so she could even pull that one back to an okay grade).

I'm so not prepared for this - I've had a stress headache all day, and didn't sleep much last night. I need to keep cheerleading, and you guys are helping keeping me going x
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
hmmm. I wish I could say okay. She waffled - however, at least she went into the exam and wrote stuff, because at one point early this morning even that was looking doubtful .

At least she is still talking to me, she hasn't withdrawn, and she's still planning on revising for the rest of her exams and sitting them. She can still pull it back, as she still has one exam each in all 3 subjects (2 in the philo subject so she could even pull that one back to an okay grade).

I'm so not prepared for this - I've had a stress headache all day, and didn't sleep much last night. I need to keep cheerleading, and you guys are helping keeping me going x
Hugs to you both. Not much longer!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Bless her, at least she wants to pull it back.
We are all cheerleading for you (and each other)
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Sending you both (((hugs))) keep on cheerleading xx
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

I really feel for you. My DD had her first RE today too and it wasn’t good.

Not sure if it’s the same exam board as she does WJEC.

She feels now that the pressure is really on for the next two papers.

There’s only five in her class and they all thought the same (which I know doesn’t really help) but at least she felt it wasn’t just her.

Media and Welsh tomorrow - both am papers so she has to do Media first then will be held in isolation until the Welsh one!

She won’t even be able to text me after the first one so I’ll be on edge all day!

I will be so glad when these are all over.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Just asked Molly what is she doing in between exams and she's just reminded me that she will be in isolation for 3 hrs 😮 Her maths and media where both timetables in for the morning so she is doing media in the morning and then has to go off into isolation and she will do her maths at 1.30.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
Dd had English language, all ok but the last question was 38 marks (a third of the paper) and was about ants invading a beehive. She had to compare texts but struggled as they were both fairly old so hopefully she done enough.
Sociology was easy, so still all fairly positive here.
Hope everyone else is hanging in there. Going to be a long wait for results.
It’s always hard to tell with English exams isn’t it? I hope it went well. Good news about the Sociology. Each one is a step closer to the end now
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
MM - how frustrating! Hopefully it will all even out with the other paper!

Roxie - happy that your DD’s went well - ants and all!

O had his biology practical which involved cooking rice and making glue...
Cooking rice and making glue? Interesting exam 😂 How did it go? Georgia loves Biology but says she always get confused in practical exams as there’s so much going on 😂
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

It is hard to keep their spirits up, especially as we are so worried about them too. Your DD sounds positive by focusing on revising and saying she can pull it back in other exams and who knows, she may have done better than she thinks anyway.

Keep cheerleading, and we will keep supporting each other xx