Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
US Rent A Car
Unread 5 Jun 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Stop feeding and watering him and don't do his washing and cleaning. If he doesn't like it he can always move out.
Just tell him you are going and he will be looking after your daughter and don't stand any nonsense.
I was about to type the same added with switching the internet off usually my trump card !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Family chill time in Lanzarote
Unread 5 Jun 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I know what I'd be doing if he was mine... showing him the door and making him fend for himself. I bet he'd look after her if you offered to pay him
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

dubletrub's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Stop feeding and watering him and don't do his washing and cleaning. If he doesn't like it he can always move out.
Just tell him you are going and he will be looking after your daughter and don't stand any nonsense.
This, it is your house, they are you rules, make them and stand by them.
My kids don't really do housework or cooking off their own backs but if I ask them they wouldn't tell me no ! They are 20 and 18 and although not perfect they would always help me where they can
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ, 1st time onsite :)
Unread 5 Jun 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

He is like this because you are allowing it , time for some tough love , like another poster said , stop feeding him and doing his laundry until he respects what you do for him and helps you out when you need it
Aug 2018...Westridge
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Go On - Why Not ?
Unread 5 Jun 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

How old is your daughter Minnie? Is she old enough to look after herself with just needing the older brother there? If she is, I would be pointing out to your eldest that you arent asking him to fully babysit, just help you out and check on his sister for one night. I would then point out that you do a lot more for him than that and if he thinks its unreasonable then maybe you would stop doing so much for him from now on. There comes a time when they have to realise you are entitled to a bit of help around the house too and he has to pull his weight.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Vietnam to visit our son
Unread 5 Jun 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I was about to type the same added with switching the internet off usually my trump card !
This would be my suggestion too. Sit him down and tell him if he doesn't starting pulling his weight and contributing you will be changing the wifi password. Hopefully the threat would be enough but if he doesn't change his ways make sure you follow it through.
Unread 5 Jun 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

dd is 7 so does need someone to look after her. I've tried sitting him down and switching off the internet nothing works. He just says he's moving out and we say ok then nothing changes.
Unread 5 Jun 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Yep I agree with this- youve tried talking and asking, you get ignored. Time for one more conversation with him and you calmly tell him as hes not contributing in any way to the household finances or duties, its now up to him to provide his own food, and its up to him to do his own housework ie clothes-washing, room-cleaning etc. Youre not asking, youre telling.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I'll be there for my birthday!