Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jun 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile Weekend boredom

Sometimes I hate weekends! I look forward to them but of I've nothing planned I get bored v quickly. Dh happy lying on sofa watching TV as has a physical job so likes to relax. Ds works a few hours sat and sun , he sees gf ,DD and I do pop for walks round shops etc but sometimes nothing happens.

Dh and I often pop for a drink.at the pub in the evening, and last night took Ds out for a meal and a fe games of pool at the local as DD at a party.

The daytime's are boring but can't always afford to go.out properly! I end up working to get stuff done as i.find it hard to sit and read or watch TV!

Do you do much?!
Old 9 Jun 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I run round like a blue bottomed fly on a Saturday my youngest has swimming and gymnastics classes, then I usually do a bit of shopping in afternoon and try to chill cos I work all day on Sundays... Which is where I am now (on my break lol)... I'm not a big fan of weekends lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

not usually, but I'm like you in that I don't like doing nothing at all at the weekends.

I don't work from home, I'm out of the house Monday to Friday from 8 to after 5pm. Sometimes I'm mentally exhausted when I get home, so I don't do much around the house during the week. I do the clothes washing and drying on the weekend and I then don't have to do it again until the following weekend. Thats the only household chore I purposely do on the weekend, everything else I don't have a routine for and just do it when I see it needs doing.

We don't really have a plan or routine for going out for meals either to be honest, we just do that when we fancy it (and when the budget allows ).

Yesterday the weather was rubbish all day, so I didn't set foot outside the house. I read, I Dibb'd, I caught up with some stuff on TV.

Today has been much nicer, I've done a little food shopping, a little gardening, and did consider popping to the local garden centre but decided against it as its Sunday afternoon - it'll be busy.

Thats more of an issue for me actually - I'd rather be home and a bit bored of a weekend than in town on a busy Saturday afternoon .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I relax, work hard all week so like to do the bare minimum at weekends. Put some Netflix on, read a book, go for a walk, just enjoy not being on my feet in a boiling hot kitchen for a couple of days 😁
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I relax at the weekends. I work full time. Leave home at 7.45 am a get home any time between 6.15 and 6.45 pm depending on what time buses turn up. I'm always tired when I get home so appreciate down time at weekends.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I love doing nothing on weekends. I quite often work until 12 on Saturday then usually nap when I get in, OH comes home about 6 and we usually have something nice for dinner and a bottle of Prosecco.

Sunday is then chill mostly- we are far too relaxed and lazy my dads been showing up every Sunday recently helping us in the garden it is good we have someone to push us 😂 nothing would ever get done!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sometimes we do go out on a Sunday, sometimes we don’t. We light the bbq or I cook a roast, sometimes me and dd go shopping or take the dog walkies and to the pub. Saturdays are food shopping and watching Netflix mostly unless we go out to party or meal which happens rarely. We are going to pick ds up from work at Asda in a while and pick up some bits (exciting)
Old 9 Jun 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

This weekend has consisted of family plus neighbour's food shop. (quick coffee and chat)
DD did falconry,
2 x walks,
gardening,
cooked dinner,
watched some tv yesterday.
Today, walked to town,
a trip to garden centre,
laundry plus ironing!
Just sat down to watch
Hello Dolly before getting dinner...
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When we lived in the U.K. and had busy jobs the weekends were down time ( apart from when shifts fell at the weekends). When we moved here and retired (Spain) weekends suddenly were not defined, which I hated. Last year we decided to make an effort to create weekends as our time. Sunday’s in particular we go out somewhere for the day every Sunday. Packed lunch dogs and off we go
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
When we lived in the U.K. and had busy jobs the weekends were down time ( apart from when shifts fell at the weekends). When we moved here and retired (Spain) weekends suddenly were not defined, which I hated. Last year we decided to make an effort to create weekends as our time. Sunday’s in particular we go out somewhere for the day every Sunday. Packed lunch dogs and off we go
We’re also retired but never seem to have enough days in the week to do everything we want to - be it going out, volunteering, doing stuff in the house or garden. The days blend in to one another so weekends don’t really mean anything other than when we meet up with friends or family who work Monday to Friday.
We avoid visiting places (especially supermarkets and shopping centres) at weekends as it’s much quieter midweek. Can’t beat a lovely midweek walk in the country and then a nice leisurely pub lunch - it’s what retirement is all about!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List