Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jun 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Volcano Bay - my experience 19th June

We went to Volcano Bay last Monday. Now I had read peoples reviews of VB so knew it was not going to be perfect. I also expect a new park like this to take some time to settle down, however it is in my opinion still a long way off being right and it often felt like we were there on opening week not 3 weeks after opening.

For a Park that advertises itself as having "no lines" we seemed to spend much of the time in a line waiting. Even waiting in a line to enter the ride line, which was just chaos when we were there. We did 3 rides in the morning and waited 20 minutes, over an hour, and half an hour for them... and we had express passes. I did complain and was given all day dining and you guessed it waited over 30 minutes in a line for food as well.

I very much wish we had given this park a miss and gone to TL or BB until it calms down a bit. The park looks great and the rides we did were good but they just seem miles off getting this right. The queue system needs a lot more attention and I did expect better now it has been open for a few weeks. We were also turned away from entering couple of rides as they were already too full and not accepting anyone else.

Then there are the little things that normally would not bother you when having a good day. I do agree these are being very picky. Examples being: The PA system on the buses was just terrible both ways, are they not new? Seeing only one map of the park for the whole time we were there making it hard to navigate. Trying to enter the not so fearless river (it was not working) by a fearless river sign but being told it was not an entrance and after finally finding the right entrance being shouted at for entering it on the wrong side of a rock (although there were no signs we could see to say that).

Universal have a hell of a lot of fine tuning to do yet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

It doesn't sound like a fun day out at all!
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

I guess it depends on when you go and how busy it is, we were lucky when we went two mornings, one of them a storm had been threatened for the whole day, but it was a gorgeous sunny morning. Bit bad that you had to wait so long with express passes that just defeated the object.

I do agree there should be more signage about where you can enter that river and which side as everyone was being told off
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I want to go in Sept, but unless things really improve I won't waste my time.

Thanks for the feedback about your experience.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Maddox
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We where there on the 18th and not a nice experience at all. We lasted 2 hours and 45 minutes of that was trying to get out. I lost my band along with my daughter I needed it to open my locker so as life guard advised I went to guest services and was told to go to locker room and person there would open it. I got there and asked 2 members of staff to open locker and both told me I needed to go back to guest services to get a new band:angry: at that point I said to her I have no intentions of going back and fourth please open my locker I just want to leave. Normally it would take a lot for me to get angry especially in Orlando but it was the straw that broke the camels back for me and I never want to return. Other than that we had a fantastic holiday in both Universal parks and Disney
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Oh dear, hope its sorted soon!

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Im glad we decided not to bother.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

we have the new 3 park universal tickets (volcano bay was one of the deciding factors pre opening ) really hope its improved come sept as we always loved BB and no Disney tickets this visit
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

The American kids are all on holiday now so it's bound to be busy.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List