Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 May 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tifa
Earning My Ears

Mobile Thomas cook

Just had a email ping that Thomas cook have changed our return flight seats . As we have paid for where we want them are they allowed to do this as our old seats are still empty . We don't fly out till October so quite a few seats are still empty. And the seats they have moved us to are cheaper and we've had no word of refund
Tifa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

They did this to me last year. Just do an online chat and get them to move you back if your original seats are still free.

I think it's some kinda computer glitch as only some of our party had been moved and not others, they said it was probably due to plane change but he didn't know why really.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tifa
Earning My Ears

Thanks just done this and he wants us to pay the 25 pound per seat again to then refund it back to us. We have not got a hundred pounds to pay. He says it the only way it can be done.
The flight had been changed and it was a computer glitch he said.

Edited at 07:24 PM.
Tifa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We didn’t need to pay again, don’t know why you’d need too? Try chat again and see if you can get someone else who will do it. It can’t be that hard to move seats. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
Thanks just done this and he wants us to pay the 25 pound per seat again to then refund it back to us. We have not got a hundred pounds to pay. He says it the only way it can be done.
The flight had been changed and it was a computer glitch he said.
Ive sent you a PM with contact
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We’ve just had this too. They’ve moved our seats but ours are still empty! So frustrating to have to rebook the right seats.
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Did this to us too as they swapped the plane and the allocation didnt transfer properly. I had to phone up to get them switched back and I dont know if they realised but 3 days later, the cost of our seat selection was refunded back on to my credit card!
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tifa
Earning My Ears

So I went on Twitter and told them I was unhappy and in 3 dm it was all sorted and changed back thankfully. I can not believe the first man on Thomas cook website was wanting us to pay and that was the only way to do it. Shows you just have to get the right person to talk to. Thanks all for replies.
Old 14 May 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisJoandBen89
VIP Dibber

It is a bit ridiculous. Our pre booked seats have been moved twice. The first time it happened, I tried to amend back to our original seats online as they were still free, and it wanted me to pay for the new seats, then be refunded for the original seats, even though the cost was exactly the same! I wasn't doing that, so called them up, and a helpful lady dealt with it in a few minutes for us. The second time they moved our seats was to the XL seats in Row 8 (or maybe Row 9, I need to check) I left that as it was
Old 14 May 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Happened to us a few weeks ago, had to pay aagain and get refunded for the exact same seats we already had, madness

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List