Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 May 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Mack
Earning More Ears

Three Generations Do Disney...First Timers *Trip Report - Day 1*

Day 1 - Sunday 11th May - Magic Kingdom

Travel Day is here

Morning is here, Happy Mother’s Day in the US and the time is 4.30am...Mum was awake at 4.50am, Sophie a short time after and then we had to drag Cameron out of bed, typical boy!

We all got ready and was at our bus stop at 6.45am which is about a 40 second walk from our room. Our bus arrived at 7.09am. Magic Kingdom here we come!

We arrived at Magic Kingdom a short time later, we were all quite giddy and refraining from pinching ourselves that we are actually here.
We were held in an area until 7.45 and then released like wild animals into the park. Got some amazing castle shots with the kids but forgot to get just a castle shot on its own. Beginners mistake. The castle is just wow.

We had a slow walk round to our Be our Guest, our reservation was at 8.10am and there was a queue forming, on the right for people who had yet to order and a queue to the left for people who have already ordered, moi.

8am arrived and we hear a lot of clapping and cheering, we were being clapped and cheered into the Castle like royalty. I was grinning from ear to ear.

We had to confirm our order and add on our mimosas and then find a table. I always wondered how they're going to know where we are sitting though? Suppose that's Disney Magic!

We found great seats at the back of the ballroom beside the window, it was really lovely and it was snowing outside.

With breakfast eaten and the Mimosas drank, we were ready to hit the park at 8.50am after having a wonder around the Castle.

We headed straight for 7DMT and we’re held in a very short queue for a few minutes until they let us go just before 9am, it was great, it was basically and a long walk onto the ride but we got to see all the theming. When we got off the ride I checked the wait time and it was already at 60mins at 9.04am.

We then hopped onto Winnie the Pooh as it was a 5 min wait, don’t have much to say about this one.

It was a walk on to the carrousel, so we did this too.

Our first fast pass window was due to close in 15 mins, so we headed round to Big Thunder, wow we loved. A quick walk over to splash mountain for our next FP and we were looking forward to getting a bit of a cool down. It was already rather toasty.

For being Mothers Day and a weekend, I was expecting the park to be chaos but it was actually fine & really enjoyable. We had a quick look on MDE and seen that pirates was a 15 min wait so headed over to this. It was a nice ride - we have a FP for this later so not sure if we are going to try and change this out for something else.

Robinson was a walk on so off we went for a climb and some of the views on this is great and the detail is amazing.

We were feeling the need for something refreshing so we stopped by Sunshine Terrace and three of us had an orange cream float and Cameron and had a chocolate whippy ice cream. These were really nice and refreshing and it was also something ticked off my snack list.

We had a walk round to the Castle where we sat and enjoyed these, got a couple of photo opportunities and then we got a notification to say that our FP for space mountain had to be changed as it was down. We were heading over for it anyway so we carried on to Tomorrowland. We decided to head inside to Monsters Inc, it was about 12.20 now, this was really good and I am so glad the camera didn’t come near us.

We had a walk over to space mountain and a very short queue was forming so we jumped in and decided that we would wait 15 mins to see if it would come back up, if it did, we would stick with the standby queue and use our FP for something else. What do you know, it was running again, we basically walked on – also love this ride. My mum was doing so well with the rides but what I heard coming out her mouth on this ride cannot be said on here...once we were off and she could got herself together, she loved it! We are doing good with the rides and I’m hoping she’s still loving it for tomorrow when we have Everest booked as our first FP.

We decided we needed a rest and some food so we headed for Peco Bills, we walked pass the Tea Cups and noticed there was no queue so jumped on there. Kids span us so much and mum was super dizzy...

Food now, it was nice. I had the trio fajitas, mum has the beef nachos, Sophie had beef tortillas and Cameron has a bacon cheeseburger. No complaints here and I really enjoyed there condiments station. Mexican galore. (Sorry no pics). With full tummy’s we headed out.

We gave mum the choice of what she would like to use our Space mountain FP for and she decided on Haunted Mansion. I’m glad she chose this as it was really good. We all really liked this ride but I wouldn’t stand in the current 70 min line. Hell no, I don’t think I would queue over 30 mins for any ride.

Even though we had not long eaten, we decided something else was needed so Sophie had the Mickey ice cream sandwich and the rest of us had the chocolate covered frozen bananas. These were really good.

Walking by it’s a Small World, it was a 5 min wait...with a wait time like this, you have to do it so off we went...it’s done and we won’t be doing it again. A nice ride to rest your legs. I seen this at the end of the ride.

I caught this picture of my two being nice to one another...

That was it, we were done for the day and quite pleased with what we had achieved and how long we lasted. Heading for the exit where we picked up some drinks in Starbucks, large refreshers - which were ok & off we went via guest services to pick up our first timer badges and then to the bus stop.

Back to the room where we all just lay on bed, kids FaceTimed their Dad and then wanted to go to the pool, off we went where the burned off some never ending energy, I sat and had a dance off with some love bugs...these things are a pain in the backside. Cameron was obsessed with these...every time he seen one, he went ninja style.

We headed back to the room where we had a quick freshen up and to the hotel for some food as we were quite tired to venture any further. Cameron had a pizza, Sophie some pasta and my mum and I had the philly steak dog...tasty meals and we grabbed some very unhealthy chocolate cake for breakfast before our late breakfast / brunch at Tusker House in the morning.

We were all in bed by 2115hrs and the kids were sleeping within minutes, I went over our plans for tomorrow, 20 mins later and I was sleeping too, again I think I went to sleep smiling.

Tomorrow is EMH at Animal Kingdom and Brunch @ Tusker House.

Thanks for reading.

Old 31 May 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great day, thanks for sharing 😁
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

You got loads done! Surprised how low the wait times were considering it was mother’s day

Lots of food today, well done!
Xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

The perfect way to start the holiday... at Magic Kingdom! You managed to fit in so many rides! Your Mum's face on the teacups... that is pure joy right there!

Although I am most upset about you speaking ill of IASW... it's of of my faves!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Brilliant start to your holiday... lovely photos full of smiles 😀
Old 31 May 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Great first day. What shoes are your children wearing, they look comfortable.
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Great first day, you accomplished loads! 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Reading that put a smile on my face. Lovely day 🙂 👍
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a great day - you packed loads in! 😊
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a perfect first day to me! We love Tuskers House!
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List