Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 2 Oct 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Center Parcs advice please.

Hi

We were supposed to be going to Florida on the 17th and the back up plan was Turkey! Looking at Center Parcs now.

It’s at least 15 years since we went to Center Parcs last, so have no idea where to start.
The nearest one to us would be Sherwood Forrest but Elevden and and Whinfell are around a 3 hour drive, so would be a possibility too.

Can anyone help with the following questions?

Is one park better than any other, or am I just as well going for the nearest?

Is it worth upgrading to executive, Or just go for cheapest?

What’s the difference between new style and old? They are exactly the same price, so I would have assumed that New style would have been more expensive?

We are taking my parents, Plus My 15 year old daughter and 14 year old son. Is there enough For them to do as we can only use the pool twice, due to Covid at the moment.

Any help and advise is very much appreciated.

Edited at 09:44 AM.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
olivia
Serious Dibber

I think if sherwood is the closest I would look at there as they are all fairly similar with good points/bad points. The main bonus of the executives are that they all have en suites. The daily housekeeping is not on at the moment. The pricing fluctuates , I would normally expect new styles to be more expensive, although it could be due to the location of lodges.
It depends on your children if you think there’s enough to do. Activities are expensive, badminton is popular but a court is about £12. There are tree top activity type things if they like that.
Myself and dh are off to longleat on Monday for 4 nights without our children 24, 22, 18 . We have been to all of them over the years as we are in midlands pretty central to all of them .
I had wanted to book turkey!
olivia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I love centre parcs. I'd agree with PP and go with the closest. Think Sherwood has had new swimming pool update this year.

Personally I go for a slightly better lodge as it includes towels (less to pack). When taking my parents and kids I like en suites so we've got personal space. Also like two floors so we can escape upstairs and leave parents down. In case you didn't guess I like my own space.

Last time we had an outdoor sauna when just the four of us. We loved it! Even the kids so definitely recommend. I'm looking to try a hot tub next time.

As for things to do - my kids love hiring bikes as it's not something we do at home plus most of the canoeing or water activities.

Spa could be good too. I've not tried it yet as DD to young to come and I won't leave them alone ( again due to age)

Remember to book everything including restaurants.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Check out the Covid restrictions before you pay. You can only go swimming twice now per holiday!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We go to Whinfell as only an hour away and for some reason it always seems to be the cheapest. We like it as the village centre is all undercover as it was originally an Oasis not a centre Parcs. Other than that they are all very similar. The outdoor rapids at the pool in Sherwood is good as is the raft ride. Whinfell doesn’t have those. We are due to go for Oct hols and have just booked our activities. Our DS is 17. Activities aren’t cheap but since we were supposed to be in Florida we have money spare so splurged a bit. We are doing Segways, quad bikes, paint balling, foot pool, table tennis, 10 pin bowling, pool and golf as well as 2 sessions of swimming. Have also booked biked. The baby owl or falconry sessions are good for all ages. We try and get a slightly better lodge for the en-suite. This time I think we have a sauna - no idea if we will use it but it was the only lodge left when we booked 😊. Whichever you choose try the Pancake House -amazing.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Behappy
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to Elveden in August. It was our first time to that particular park, and loved it. We did the weeks stay, so had four swimming slots which worked better for us. We did book a lot of other activities too, some are more expensive than others, but we loved them all.

I’d say as long as you are looking to book a few extras, then there will be enough to keep them occupied. Also you can rent bikes and have a good few bike rides around the park.
Old 3 Oct 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are nearest to sherwood and have done a weekend there but are booked for longleat on 19th October all going well. We have a premier inn on the Sunday to do the safari park then check into CP. we have booked many things for my son and his cousin (18&19) including quads, Ariel adventure, football pool and crossbows then my niece (10) is doing the owl adventure, mini segways, pottery painting, hair braiding etc. The activities do add up but I don’t think they are too badly priced. We have an executive 4 bed with sauna which was expensive but we got £100 off for rebooking from June and as both our big holidays were cancelled and we thought this might be us we treated ourselves! As it happens DH and I got to Rhodes for a week at the end of august but we are still really looking forward to this and hope it all goes ahead!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

We love Center Parcs but wouldn’t go at the minute. We have a break booked in February half term that we booked last January before everything happened and will be looking to cancel if restrictions remain the same. 2 x 2 hours in the pool is really not a lot if you are pool people. If you aren’t you should be fine. The other activities are good but are expensive, other than the pool there aren’t many free activities. I’ve read too that you have to wear masks when doing inside activities? Someone can correct me if I’m wrong? Just something to think about, wouldn’t fancy running around a badminton court with a mask on.
If you do go, think about taking food too, the restaurant are having last sittings quite early due to everyone having to be out by 10.
As I say we love it and we love sherwood, I love being in the bubble of centre Parcs but not for me at the minute.

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

we have been to CP's many many times, love the place

we do spend alot of time in the pool, we will book one or 2 activities but thats it, currently with the pool being limited to twice per stay, i am afraid i wouldnt go, but a break is a break and saying that, if you can afford it and you can accept only 2 pool trips, then its got to be good
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

We are going to CP in a fortnight and the pool situation isn’t bothering us because we are going for a weekend. If I were there Monday to Friday I would probably not be so keen to go, I think those mid week breaks should have three swim sessions instead of two.
We have booked pottery painting and hoverboards for the kids plus canoeing for all of us if the weather isn’t too horrendous. We will take our bikes and waterproofs and get out and about no matter the weather!
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List