Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Dec 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ArsenalShadow
Trying for More Ears

DELTA airlines help

Hi Folks,

I am looking to book our flights for the 19th October 2018 - 2nd November 2018 and DELTA airlines look to have some good prices.

My question is whats the difference between Delta comfort plus and Premium Economy? And is it worth the extra price?

Is there a route to avoid to fly into MCO? There are a few options via JFK.

I have found return flights in Comfort plus for £2800 which seems a good price i thought. Normal seat are £1800.

Any advice/help much appreciated.
ArsenalShadow is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Flown twice in Plus to New York with Delta. Economy Comfort Plus is simply extra-legroom in the front of the Economy cabin, with free entertainment on your screen. IMO its more comfortable than the VA extra legroom. but as for comparing to VA Premium, thats a whole new ball-game. Wider seats and far more legroom.
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ArsenalShadow
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
Flown twice in Plus to New York with Delta. Economy Comfort Plus is simply extra-legroom in the front of the Economy cabin, with free entertainment on your screen. IMO its more comfortable than the VA extra legroom. but as for comparing to VA Premium, thats a whole new ball-game. Wider seats and far more legroom.
Thanks for the advice. I meant Delta premium economy not VA, sorry for the confusion. I think its Delta's new seating but i'm not sure!
ArsenalShadow is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

No probs,mate. I get confused when a flight is described as Delta and in small writing it says " Operated by Virgin Atlantic" and vice-versa, so seatmaps dont show up !
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ArsenalShadow View Post
My question is whats the difference between Delta comfort plus and Premium Economy? And is it worth the extra price?
if it's Delta metal, then comfort+ is basically useless on short haul flights. Extra legroom is a good thing on long haul.
if it's operated by VA then it will be VA's PE

Is there a route to avoid to fly into MCO? There are a few options via JFK.
I would avoid JFK at all cost

congested airport. There are 3 major airports in the area and it's often affected by delays, even though transatlantics will have some kind of priority for landing because of fuel considerations, it's still an airport where delays are very likely, and you don't want that when you need to short connect

it's also a huge and unfriendly airport (personnal opinion)

I'd rather connect in ATL or even RDU if you get this option
some on here will tell you that ATL is a pain, well it can be, and it's true connection times are longer there than it is at other airports like PHL (used by AA) but ATL is still better than JFK when you fly Delta.

I would also consider MIA as an option for connection. MIA is a zoo, but I'd choose it over JFK in a New York minute (sorry for the pun)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ArsenalShadow
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for the info. What about Detroit as a connection?
Old 21 Dec 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry chmurf, but when it comes to your connection in New York, If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere
Old 21 Dec 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnbelgar337
VIP Dibber

I prefer depending on cost to fly to via Atlanta the main reason being if you have any delays and miss your connection there is a flight from Atlanta to Orlando every hour.
I have also flown via Detroit,Cincinatti Boston and new York and would easily fly via any of them again
Johnbelgar337 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
Sorry chmurf, but when it comes to your connection in New York, If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere
Nicely done Mitch, but at the end of the day, it's up to you New York, New York...
Old 21 Dec 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ArsenalShadow
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for your help, but ive gone for something completely different
Booked with VIRGIN
GLA to MCO direct £2150. Booked. 2 adults, 2 kids 13 and 10 .. Not sure if it was the right thing to do! Hey ho

Edited at 04:47 PM. Reason: edit