Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Jul 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
donnyette
Gone all Goofy

Alamo deposit

Received my evoucher today for our car hire.
We have a minivan at Orlando airport. Im just reading through terms and conditions and a bit confused with something if anyone can give shed some light on it.
It says that 'all clients must produce a credit card in lead drivers name as a form of deposit to cover the advised excess when collecting the rental car'.
I dont remember being told that we would have to pay any sort of deposit on collection, only about fuel.
Help? x
donnyette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Who have you booked with - an American site maybe?

All bookings through reputable UK brokers (Virgin, DFCH, usrentacar, netflights for example) or Alamo Brits direct should include CDW (collision damage waiver) with no excess. You should never have that sort of deposit through an UK company.

You'll have to swipe your card at the barrier but that's to cover tolls, fuel maybe but not a damage deposit.

Mick

Edited at 12:36 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
donnyette
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Who have you booked with - an American site maybe?

All bookings through reputable UK brokers (Virgin, DFCH, usrentacar, netflights for example) or Alamo Brits direct should include CDW (collision damage waiver) with no excess. You should never have that sort of deposit through an UK company.

You'll have to swipe your card at the barrier but that's to cover tolls, fuel maybe but not a damage deposit.

Mick
Hi. We booked our holiday through Flights2Florida and the evoucher has come from Flexibleautos. Its a uk phone number. It does say on the voucher 'Excess Policy- There is no insurance excess. undercarriage of the vehicle, windows and tyres are not covered.
Further down it says Deposit- client is not required to leave a deposit but will be required to leave a credit card for security. If the client would prefer to leave cash or a debit card for security, tere will be a deposit of 25USD per day or 100USD per week.

Im really confused if any money is going to come off my card or not
Old 1 Jul 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
donnyette
Gone all Goofy

I have also just read further down 'for vouchered/evouchered rentals- renters must make a cash deposit with provider in the amount of 25USD per day or 100USD per week in addition to to the estimated charges not covered by the evoucher.

Does this mean that this has been included in the price we have paid for our car hire?
Old 1 Jul 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by donnyette View Post
Hi. We booked our holiday through Flights2Florida and the evoucher has come from Flexibleautos. Its a uk phone number. It does say on the voucher 'Excess Policy- There is no insurance excess. undercarriage of the vehicle, windows and tyres are not covered.
Further down it says Deposit- client is not required to leave a deposit but will be required to leave a credit card for security. If the client would prefer to leave cash or a debit card for security, tere will be a deposit of 25USD per day or 100USD per week.

Im really confused if any money is going to come off my card or not
Sorry but I've never heard of the holiday company nor the car hire company but that's not to say they are not OK. Having " an excess" condition on undercarriage etc is fairly common to be honest but as I said earlier I've never had to leave a CC for damage to the car.

Is there anywhere on the voucher that says Collision Damage Waiver (aka Loss Damage Waiver) is included?

Another quick check please that would help. Does the car hire include Supplemental Liability Insurance (aka Extended Protection with Alamo) This is very important as it covers injury or damage to third party persons and property and should be for $1m.

Mick
Old 1 Jul 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP and Mick.

I wont interfere in this as Mick is saying all the right things. What I can help with is that Flexible Autos is a Trade only website used by travel agents so we can't check out their T & C's as you need TA log on codes.

Hope this helps.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
donnyette
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry but I've never heard of the holiday company nor the car hire company but that's not to say they are not OK. Having " an excess" condition on undercarriage etc is fairly common to be honest but as I said earlier I've never had to leave a CC for damage to the car.

Is there anywhere on the voucher that says Collision Damage Waiver (aka Loss Damage Waiver) is included?

Another quick check please that would help. Does the car hire include Supplemental Liability Insurance (aka Extended Protection with Alamo) This is very important as it covers injury or damage to third party persons and property and should be for $1m.

Mick
It does say in inclusions- collision waiver damage and also 1million usd liability cover
Old 1 Jul 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP and Mick.

I wont interfere in this as Mick is saying all the right things. What I can help with is that Flexible Autos is a Trade only website used by travel agents so we can't check out their T & C's as you need TA log on codes.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for that Tom

I was hoping that you might spot the post

Mick
Old 1 Jul 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by donnyette View Post
It does say in inclusions- collision waiver damage and also 1million usd liability cover
I'm grateful for Mr Morrow's input. We've hired 35 times and Tom maybe three times more than us.

I think however if it says CDW and $1m SLI you're good to go.

As I said earlier they will still swipe your card but for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Mick
Old 1 Jul 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
donnyette
Gone all Goofy

Thanks for all your help guys. Think we have figured out by reading a bit deeper that we dont need to pay anything. Think I was just panicking.#Have just successfully checked in online ad can now skip the counter.
It does have a breakdown on our Alamo hire all the charges and are happy that we arent being charged anything extra.
Happy days x