Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Jul 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can I offer another tip please to help speed your journey - apologies if you already know.

At MCO with Alamo you can check in on-line and avoid the desks in the main terminal with all the unnecessary "upselling". You go straight to the garage, either A or B, and choose your own car.

This is the form you need. You'll have to get a ten digit (all numbers) Alamo booking reference from Flexibleautos and a few months ago it was 128xxxxxxx so it may start a bit higher now. Enter it into this form and you'll open another asking for D/L details etc. Beware they try to catch you out with the USA M/D/Y format. Completion of this form takes you a sheet with a bar code on it. That, along with your D/L and CC or DC are all you need to skip the counter.

alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html

Mick

EDIT - I was slowly typing this when I saw you'd already posted about OLCI and STC

Edited at 01:31 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

FlexibleAutos are fine (we use them and many other websites you come across do as well). You'll find many websites usually list the same type of misinformation such as credit card required / security hold of $200 etc. Its not the case. $1 with Alamo and debit card is fine. Just be careful with the cash deposit though as its only certain locations and has caused a few issues in the past.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
FlexibleAutos are fine (we use them and many other websites you come across do as well). You'll find many websites usually list the same type of misinformation such as credit card required / security hold of $200 etc. Its not the case. $1 with Alamo and debit card is fine. Just be careful with the cash deposit though as its only certain locations and has caused a few issues in the past.
Thanks very much for that input Andy - I was struggling a bit as the names were new to me.

Mick
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
donnyette
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

How can I find out if this will be the case at my location? We are collecting car at Orlando international

Thanks
donnyette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by donnyette View Post
How can I find out if this will be the case at my location? We are collecting car at Orlando international

Thanks
The cash deposit? It is however its really not something I would advise doing. Not all staff are fully aware of the procedure. I've previously had a customer who forgot their card so tried doing a cash deposit but was turned away. Quick phone call to the manager and it was sorted but its a headache you don't need when collecting the vehicle. You also run the risk of the refund taking place in the form of a US check.

Stick to using a debit / credit card.

DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
donnyette
Gone all Goofy

The cash deposit? It is however its really not something I would advise doing. Not all staff are fully aware of the procedure. I've previously had a customer who forgot their card so tried doing a cash deposit but was turned away. Quick phone call to the manager and it was sorted but its a headache you don't need when collecting the vehicle. You also run the risk of the refund taking place in the form of a US check.

It would be my debit card not cash but was confused if I would need to pay any deposit at all.
It doesnt say anywhere in the agreement or have we been made aware from our booking agent so was pretty sure we wouldn't need to pay any extras.
Sorry for being so naive about this. This is my first time hiring a car and just want to be prepared. Not sure if I will need to make money available on my card

Edited at 10:52 PM.
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

They'll swipe your card and block $1 from use. They'll need your card on file in case you pickup any toll road charges, citations, rent any extras such as child seats or accept prepaid fuel.

Old 1 Jul 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
donnyette
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Ignore me. I think I misread your reply.
Do you mean only certain locations will take cash as a deposit but if it's by debit card it will only be a $1 hold?
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
donnyette
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Thanks Andy for your help. Feel much better now x
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Yes, all locations will accept a debit / credit card.. but only certain locations will accept the cash deposit. Apologises for the confusion.