Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

It's ridiculous. I'm in Florida at the moment so have stayed up to call them on the number they gave in their email and they are refusing calls. How on earth are we supposed to rebook? I'm really worried they are just going to cancel and refund us and we won't be able to get a flight home.
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Has anyone else had this email? I am quite confused. It says they’d have refunded my booking (nothing pending in our account) but then says they are holding it jut in case? Very confusing!
Edit: Just reread and it seems they say they have refunded (wait and see!) but will keep our original package on ice and can reinstate it. Yeah ok love, like I will come crawling back to you
Dear Customer,

We wanted to get in touch following the recent email you received from us, regarding the cancellation of your flight due to industrial action by British Airways' pilots union, BALPA.

We're very sorry that your British Airways Holidays booking is impacted and do not underestimate the inconvenience this will cause.

As a precautionary measure, we have refunded you the full price of your trip, as we recognise that your travel dates may be fixed and you may be unable to reschedule.

However, to maximise your choices in the event that an agreement is reached and we are able to reinstate your flight, we will also hold all unaffected elements of your itinerary. This includes hotel reservations, car rental and any operating flights. If your flight is operating and you opt to travel, we will be in touch within 2 weeks of your return to arrange to recollect payment, at the same price you originally paid.

Edited at 06:52 AM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve just done, out of interest a dummy booking for my original dates. One of which is mark as disrupted.

I paid £242 return

Today

£750 return for two flights that are earmarked for disruption. Go figure
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Basically , as I got this, it’s saying your flight may be disrupted ie CX, delayed etc but it’s not CX at the moment I made the decision to change the flight from 12th to 14th simply because. My flight on the 29th the day after the second flight is Oddly not affected at the moment

A. My daughter has to work Saturday night
B. If planes are in the wrong place etc and it’s cx, it’ll be several days, based on flights filing quickly before we could fly
C I don’t need the stress on the day

Good luck hope it’s sorted
Thanks. So did they cover extra hotel cost? And do they take into account the extra it will cost being there those extra days, food etc
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
BA should to be able to rebook people onto alternate carriers eg AA for the transatlantic legs. If you have to stay over there longer they'll cover hotel costs etc as they have a duty of care.

My flight from Aberdeen to London has been cancelled but I'm hoping BA will get me on the Flybe flight. I'm tempted to cancel BA and book Flybe myself in case it gets filled up as I can't change my travel days at all.

Fortunately my flight from London is on Virgin so that will be fine provided I can get to London okay.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Is anyone having trouble with manage my booking today? I can get into it eventually but if try to view anything it chucks we out. Flying tomorrow, not sure what to do about our return on the 12th yet. If at the moment its just a chance could be affected, dont know whether to leave it and hope it's ok.
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kylali View Post
Is anyone having trouble with manage my booking today? I can get into it eventually but if try to view anything it chucks we out. Flying tomorrow, not sure what to do about our return on the 12th yet. If at the moment its just a chance could be affected, dont know whether to leave it and hope it's ok.
They say they are contacting everyone by email but according to Twitter that’s not true however I found this for you

We will pay for all nights accommodation unless the customer chooses to cancel their flight. Payments up to £200 per night based on 2 adults sharing will be compensated. For more information visit our help page.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
holls
Excited about Disney

Hi
What is the chance of getting my deposit back, we fly on the 5th October and are thinking of changing flights to klm
holls is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

This is worrying me and we arent going until the end of November! I'm so sorry for all the people caught up in at the moment 😔
I had the same thought about cancelling it all with BA and going with somebody else, not sure if we would lose our deposit though and we cant really afford that
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Surprise surprise, their phones are not working, cutt off every time.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List