Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jan 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Delta Comfort +... worth the money?

Hi there,

Has anyone upgraded on Delta to comfort +? Just wondering if you thought it was worth the extra £100 each? 4 inches more legroom doesn’t sound much, but I suppose in comparison to the confined space you get in economy anything more is a bonus! We’ve only ever travelled economy but were thinking on treating ourselves but don’t want to feel that it’s been a waste of money.

Thanks
Old 27 Jan 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Depends how tall you are ? My family are 6ft to 6ft 3in tall and appreciate a few inches extra room when we can afford it. Unfortunately our round trip is an extra £610 we can't justify .
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
Depends how tall you are ? My family are 6ft to 6ft 3in tall and appreciate a few inches extra room when we can afford it. Unfortunately our round trip is an extra £610 we can't justify .
Thanks, yes I can understand that you would all benefit from the extra space. We’re not a tall family just fancy a wee bit extra comfort!
Old 28 Jan 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

I did it once, and was perfectly happy with the experience. As well as the space (again I'm tall enough to find long haul economy a challenge) there is also the little touches, like the dedicated bins. And more importantly the priority boarding and being off before all the main cabin behind you.

At the end of the day you're still lower down the rung than whatever premium cabins are on your particular flight, First/Delta One etc... But if the price is something you can budget for, then for me it's a "why the devil not then? "
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Not Delta, but I have upgraded to Virgin extra legroom (when they called it that, before marketing got involved) for a homeward leg. I'm 6'2 and all legs, my usual first move is to remove the magazines from the seat pocket to the overhead locker to gain space. Legroom seats were significantly more comfortable and therefore much easier to get to sleep. We booked bubble on the way out as we're awake then and preferred to be off early over what was the slightly dearer extra space.

Is it "worth it" is dependent on your finances and what impact the difference could make elsewhere in the holiday, but until our 2nd Daughter came along it became my value upgrade of choice, because it was materially improving the comfort of the flight for a cheap price, whereas premium made a bit more of an improvement for a lot more cash.
I now get my extra space by sitting next to a 3yr old
Old 28 Jan 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We pay for Economy plus on united and Main cabin Extra on American it makes the flight better and not quite as unenjoyable, MCE is better as separate cabin, and priority boarding.

Each time we fly I think is it worth it, I take a little walk to the standard economy and decide it is.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
stuiedo
Proud to wear my Ears

We have done it a few times as a family and we think its worth it. As others have mentioned the extra legroom, dedicated overhead bins, priority boarding etc all help.

But all comes down to price. If its a good price then its worth it, but not worth a few hundred more.
stuiedo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We have done it outbound a couple of times - day flights awake all the way and enjoyed the experience. The upgrade varies by sector o think so we paid £60 or so to Boston and £72 to Dallas. In that context £100 seems a lot. But that's inflation for you.

We have never done it on the way back as either sllep or don't. Either way seems waste.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It's a very personal thing I think. I go out of my way now to make sure I can get these seats as the extra room makes the trip so much more enjoyable for us.
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Thanks for all your thoughts... still considering whether to go for it or not... £300 gets you so much stuff in bath and body works! 😂😂