Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba05
Earning More Ears

Woried about trip next year!

Hi
Ive been reading that you can book your days in Disney from next week. We will be going july next year but i cant yet afford to buy the tickets.
Im worried that i wont be able to get any days booked for disney.

Simba05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jo21977
Excited about Disney

We're in exactly the same position for next September. Didn't want to buy the tickets yet as we're on deposit so far for the trip, but want to see how things pan out before adding additional costs! We also like to change park days whilst there dependant on weather which looks like it will no longer be an option. Rationally though surely the parks won't be full?! I've been many times and don't think I've ever come across a park being full other than the water parks but I guess it will depend on what level they set capacity at? Hopefully that will be reviewed as things improve
Old 21 Jun 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba05
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by jo21977 View Post
We're in exactly the same position for next September. Didn't want to buy the tickets yet as we're on deposit so far for the trip, but want to see how things pan out before adding additional costs! We also like to change park days whilst there dependant on weather which looks like it will no longer be an option. Rationally though surely the parks won't be full?! I've been many times and don't think I've ever come across a park being full other than the water parks but I guess it will depend on what level they set capacity at? Hopefully that will be reviewed as things improve
fingers crossed
Simba05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorer
Imagineer

So if you buy tickets now say for next July do you have to reserve your park days now
Old 21 Jun 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyExplorer View Post
So if you buy tickets now say for next July do you have to reserve your park days now
On the 28th if offsite
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Only got tickets on deposit only and I’m buggered if I’m paying the balance now to book a day in 14 months time - If it’s still that bad by then I’ll go to either Cumbria or Cornwall for a week
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve rescheduled from August this year to August next year, and from reading this thread I have literally just found out that I have to make park reservations tomorrow. Can’t believe I have to book this far in advance,surely they’ll be at full capacity again next August.Fingers crossed I get some parks or DH wants to cancel!😩
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jessie2012 View Post
I’ve rescheduled from August this year to August next year, and from reading this thread I have literally just found out that I have to make park reservations tomorrow. Can’t believe I have to book this far in advance,surely they’ll be at full capacity again next August.Fingers crossed I get some parks or DH wants to cancel!😩
This is what I thought too, the Parks cannot possibly be in the same position with capacity in twelve months time. It is just another way to try and recoup lost revenue over the last few months and pressurise people into making panicked decisions. No one knows what could happen in Orlando next month never mind next year.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I honestly think they’re just doing this as a worst case scenario just in case there is another massive peak at least the numbers are monitored but I think if the reopening goes well and the first few months are fine, I think it’ll go back to normal.
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by rayraygreen View Post
I honestly think they’re just doing this as a worst case scenario just in case there is another massive peak at least the numbers are monitored but I think if the reopening goes well and the first few months are fine, I think it’ll go back to normal.
I like your optimism, however I think reserving your admission into the parks has been on the table for sometime, especially with how the park numbers have peaked in the last few years. I personally can see this system staying if it proves that it works.. it's just Chapek doing his bit for Disney guests.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List