Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Oct 20, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fiona3103 View Post
Just be careful when reusing the vouchers. They are a once only thing even if you book a fully refundable rate as I just found out. I booked a hotel for a show at the NEC which has just been cancelled and they wouldn’t move the booking without me losing the voucher amount. Eventually I spoke to one of the team, weirdly based in Phoenix, Arizona, who agreed to refund the voucher amount if I made a new booking and paid in full, I’ve hedged my bets (again!) and booked one for the night before we’re due to fly to Florida on our rebooked holiday. Thing is they actually refunded my debit card with the voucher amount. Considering they still haven’t refunded the cash amount from my cancelled March booking I’m taking it! Oh and the transaction shows as Hotels.com/Expedia on my statement for the payment. I didn’t realise they were one and the same.
That’s really helpful to know - thank you ever so much for posting👍 Although I still haven’t heard about my voucher yet and hotels.com had supposedly escalated it to a manager but no reply as yet, guess I will be chasing them.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I called last week as am keen to book Hard rock hotel next year,its £500 a night. The hotel says free cancellation but Tesco confirmed this doesn't cover clubcard vouchers,so will lose them all if we have to cancel.
Old 2 Oct 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
I called last week as am keen to book Hard rock hotel next year,its £500 a night. The hotel says free cancellation but Tesco confirmed this doesn't cover clubcard vouchers,so will lose them all if we have to cancel.
This is what I was planning too, although I will probably still book on the basis that if we can’t go to Florida, then I doubt I’d use the vouchers anywhere else anyway. Presumably we’d still get a refund for the cash element on a refundable booking though?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Has anyone else yet to receive their Tesco clubcard/hotels.com vouchers for cancelled August bookings?

I’ve chased hotels.com twice via chat and supposedly (twice) a manager is meant to be getting back to me and I also emailled Tesco a couple of weeks ago, but again I haven’t had any response.

I was just wondered if anyone else has had to chase and who they got through to and we’re you successful with getting the vouchers back?
Old 6 Oct 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pudu
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Has anyone else yet to receive their Tesco clubcard/hotels.com vouchers for cancelled August bookings?

I’ve chased hotels.com twice via chat and supposedly (twice) a manager is meant to be getting back to me and I also emailled Tesco a couple of weeks ago, but again I haven’t had any response.

I was just wondered if anyone else has had to chase and who they got through to and we’re you successful with getting the vouchers back?
I still haven't received mine as yet. I haven't tried chasing so far however.
pudu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I’ve received a voucher from hotels.com for our End of September booking.
My understanding is that when we use it again if we have to cancel for any reason we lose the full voucher amount £580, so fingers crossed that doesn’t happen .
Old 30 Oct 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ROO View Post
I’ve received a voucher from hotels.com for our End of September booking.
My understanding is that when we use it again if we have to cancel for any reason we lose the full voucher amount £580, so fingers crossed that doesn’t happen .
I’ve received mine now too (but I definitely wasn’t going to get it - they basically told me that they wouldn’t normally refund but they could tell I wasn’t going to drop it! I could understand it if everyone was being told the same, but so many on here had received refunds I was determined to keep pushing!)

Can I just check - if you book a refundable room, whilst I realise I’d lose the voucher now if we cancel again, would we still get the cash refund? (My booking would be £210 in vouchers but £600 in cash, so a lot of cash to lose!)
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Yes I was told the cash part of any new booking would be refunded but the voucher part would be lost, which personally I think is a bit harsh
Old 31 Oct 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ROO View Post
Yes I was told the cash part of any new booking would be refunded but the voucher part would be lost, which personally I think is a bit harsh
Thank you for confirming that 👍I agree it does seem harsh, although I had such a fight to get my vouchers back this time, I’m just grateful I get a second chance to use them, even if ultimately I might lose them if my holiday next October gets cancelled too😢