Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jun 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Reassurance off disney but still cant link my mde

Called disney as still not able to link me mde even though my friend who booked a month after me had done hers. Initially she couldnt find my booking, but then said i may not be able to link until within 365 days😨😨 i did tell her it wasnt urgent but that I was concernec that my hotel and dates now on stop sale. She reassured me that as long as balance paid all existing bookings are safe. Feel better now ... I think lol.
Old 8 Jun 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
just keep trying, it will eventually come up.
Old 9 Jun 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Remember the MDE is a tool rather than an invoice. You can't even use it until 180 days out so I would just put it at the back of your mind and enjoy planning! It will link, they always do, just sometimes it just takes time!
Old 9 Jun 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
Called disney as still not able to link me mde even though my friend who booked a month after me had done hers. Initially she couldnt find my booking, but then said i may not be able to link until within 365 days😨😨 i did tell her it wasnt urgent but that I was concernec that my hotel and dates now on stop sale. She reassured me that as long as balance paid all existing bookings are safe. Feel better now ... I think lol.
I was worrying a little too as our dates are the dates they stopped selling... when she said as long as the balance is all paid did she mean deposit rather than full balance? We paid deposit but nothing more yet...
Old 9 Jun 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grinner82 View Post
Remember the MDE is a tool rather than an invoice. You can't even use it until 180 days out so I would just put it at the back of your mind and enjoy planning! It will link, they always do, just sometimes it just takes time!
I've said this several times on different threads in the last couple of months but to no avail!

Last year I booked direct with Disney for this year and it took 6 weeks to link and this year I've booked direct with Disney for next year and it took 3 weeks to link. Having booked 17 months out in each case out I wasn't bothered.

Edited at 05:24 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I booked back in April for Dec 19, paid the deposit but not the full balance. I also haven’t been able to link to mde and haven’t been too bothered by this (although it’s lovely to see it all set up on mde, it makes it feel real).
However, I must admit that I’m a little nervous now as I know they aren’t allowing bookings for my dates anymore. I would hate for my booking to get lost in the system and we lose out, just the reassurance of seeing it there would be good!

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I've said this several times on different threads in the last couple of months but to no avail!

Last year I booked direct with Disney for this year and it took 6 weeks to link and this year I've booked direct with Disney for next year and it took 3 weeks to link. Having booked 17 months out in each case out I wasn't bothered.
I wouldnt normally be bothered, its purely because my dates are on stop sale now. I think I just wanted reassurance really that my booking was safe and I did get this, as long as my balance was paid on time as expected.

Having said that I did book at launch, so theres no denying that irs taking longer than normal.
Old 10 Jun 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
I wouldnt normally be bothered, its purely because my dates are on stop sale now. I think I just wanted reassurance really that my booking was safe and I did get this, as long as my balance was paid on time as expected.

Having said that I did book at launch, so theres no denying that irs taking longer than normal.
With all the current hoo ha I can understand that. Have you got a confirmation invoice?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Just tried again and its linked 😁 I definately think my phone call helped tho as I was on the phone awhile, she was speaking to the tech guys. Forget all about it now until 180 days, concentrate on this years hol instead 😂
Old 10 Jun 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It does seem bizzarely random - we booked a few weeks ago for Aug 19 and it linked after a couple of weeks. I’ve seen others saying it worked almost straightaway.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List