Notices

Old 2 Jun 18, 02:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Holdensccs
slightly serious Dibber

The one unlike nothing you've ever read before - Day 4 Animal Kingdom, Banshees, pool and Culvers

Some womble was letting fireworks off at midnight but other than that we had a good nights sleep. Awake at 06:45 and got the Coffee on... cinnamon rolls for a sparse breakfast, before driving over to pick up DD from Vista Way at 8.

We were parked in Dinosaur36, Dinosaur 35 had just filled so we were directed to the far end of the row. DW wound down her window and asked if we could park closest to the tram as we would be short for time when we left, and they said ok! result...
There was a tram waiting too so we were at the park entrance by 08:45...

Today was an EMH day so we were directed to wait until park opening at 9

DD went to guest services to get her disability access pass, this lets us get a fastpass return (you can have one of these active at any one time plus your normal fastpasses) we have FPs for EE, Kilimanjaro safaris and FOTLK.

We head straight over to Pandora, as does just about everybody else!

The theming in this area is excellent, really really good. We call at the FP entrance to FOP and get a return time of 10:57...

The standby line is already 150 minutes!

So first FP is Expedition Everest Just DD and me as DW doesn't do rollercoasters.
Standby for this is showing 20 minutes, looks more like 10, but we have a fast pass so it's basically a walk on.

My first time back in Disney for amlost 10 years, and one of the benefits of this is that I dont clearly remember all the rides ( thats probably an age thing too!) so the enjoyment is almost like the first time.

After EE we take a leisurely stroll through the park taking in the sights, we really love Animal Kingdom, and we get to FOP just about as our FP window opens. We are all riding this.

I was hoping that it wouldn't be too intense for DW as I'd convinced her that it was like a cross between Soarin and HP Forbidden Journey, ( both rides that she likes) I was going to be in the bad books if she didn't enjoy it!

I needn't have worried, but I was so far off with what I thought the ride was!

It is quite simply breathtakingly amazing, so so much better than I had ever imagined. Wow. All three of us thoroughly enjoyed it 10/10

DD fiddled with the app and brought our Kilimajaro safari FP forward to before the FOTLK, so We did that next.

it's changed a bit since we did it last, they've dropped the poachers bit, which I never really enjoyed. We saw lots of animals.

As it was now lunchtime we sat in the food area and ate our Wal-Mart sandwiches.
Love American sandwiches, very generous with the fillings.

We then head off to Festival Of The Lion King, our last FP.

Now this is a real nostalgia trip, glad it's never changed because it can't be improved. A good way to finish our visit to Animal Kingdom.

Now it's time to run DD back to Vista Way to get changed and then over to Epcot to drop her off for her shift.
She's being careful not to touch the car here, the paintwork is blisteringly hot!

We'll see her again Sunday.

We did a quick trip back to the Sketchers outlet on the 192, on the way there was a brief downpour, but that was the only rain we saw all day.

I got some running shoes and DW got a pair of flip flops.

Ticket price was $80 for the 2, but it was buy 1 get 2nd at 50% and they applied the 20% discount voucher that we got for joining the loyalty scheme as well,so we got both for $48.

Back at the hotel, we finally made to to the pool for a bit.

This evening we are at Culvers, which is a very nice burger and frozen custard restaurant (think posh quality McD's) I'd been looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint.An inexpensive and very tasty meal to end a very enjoyable day.

Spot the hidden Mickey?

The weather forecast is better for the next few days, fingers xxed.

Loose plans tomorrow to finally visit Celebration and go to the car cruise at Old Town in the evening. We'll see how it goes.

Holdensccs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Holdensccs - 2 Jun 18 3:15 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Another great day. Got a real bargain at Sketchers . Could I ask whereabouts on the 192 it is located?
Old 2 Jun 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day we also enjoyed Culvers

Joan
Old 2 Jun 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Holdensccs
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Another great day. Got a real bargain at Sketchers . Could I ask whereabouts on the 192 it is located?
It is at Mile marker 12 near to Target
Holdensccs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Holdensccs View Post
It is at Mile marker 12 near to Target
Thanks. I'll look out for it in October.
Old 2 Jun 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another fab day, I must look out for some sketchers bargains.
Old 3 Jun 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fab day. Sounds like you got some great Skechers bargains.
Old 4 Jun 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another good day.

We discovered Culvers last October - lovely burgers
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Gutted - I must have drove past the Skechers outlet to go to the Nike and Converse Outlet just a bit further down the road - oh well - next time. We also tried Culvers for the first time - beautiful milkshake. Great report.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List