Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Dec 17, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

I personally wouldn’t do three stops on the way back . If they want to go back to Florida they they can make do without Disney , try sea world aquatica and Busch instead bit cheaper cost wise . Again you could shorten the holiday , have done 12 nights a couple of times . That’s enough time especially with no Disney (we only did Disney first visit ) Also not sure what time your Miami flight gets in but we really struggled with the four hour drive straight after landing . If we go to Miami again we would book a hotel for night there so that may be an extra expense .

Edited at 02:44 PM.
JLH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
popdriver
Proud to wear my Ears

I know with regard to three stops on the way back, I can do two stops, but it becomes a 5 hour layover
popdriver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Personally we prefer to go every few years and do all of the parks. We went for 3 weeks this August and now won’t return until 2020. Next year we have 3 nights in NYC followed by an 11 night Caribbean cruise at easter then an 8 night cruise around the Norwegian fjords in July and both holidays all in are cheaper than the 3 weeks we spent in Florida!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

So why not be upfront and sell it as Universal and a beach holiday. I think a villa in Orlando it's inevitable you'll go to Disney but if you have a condo on the west coast you may get away with Busch Gardens instead... or you may have to bow to the inevitable that your wife and kids are in charge and there's no escaping Disney

(I'd take the two stops and book a dayroom at an airport hotel with a longer layover)

Edited at 01:34 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We have previously done both Disney and universal but are just doing Disney next year
Unfortunately with the price increases and children aged 4&1 it just isn't worth it for us atm
I would always choose Orlando over Spain (sorry)
Just not a sit on the beach type person
I would also sell it as a universal only. You could still get a Disney fix by maybe going to one of the resorts, ride the monorail. Boardwalk is lovely to walk around. Hire a boat
Could even just do BB or TL

There are lots of things to do in Orlando without going to Disney
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another thought if you did a Universal only holiday I wondered if the Halloween party would have started at Disney when you go. We only had Seaworld parks tickets but with the party ticket at least we had one visit to Magic Kingdom.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

If i was doing a holiday on the cheap, its nearly always Turkey, i find the spanish stuck up there own rs's and dont like the euro €.
we do florida one year and Turkey on others.
We have qouted Spain before and in all honesty if i was to book a villa, car hire, and a couple of simple activities the costs weren't that differant,hence the reason why we booked Turkey even doing a private boat trip and a few days out to historic sites and markets we always save in Turkey, unless you get caught in the spice market and tgat could cost you you wallet the shirt your weaing! Your home even your dignity.
Old 3 Dec 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Despite the fact i have a Turkish sister in law and have had some great holidays there personally I wouldn't touch it currently as I believe it isn't as safe as it was . I do agree that it doesn't have to be just Spain though and there are plenty of other choices.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I am relieved to find that the cost of an EU holiday other than Bulgaria is now so high that Orlando can come up as the budget option!

When comparing the two, you must take into account what you are paying to do when you get to either one of the two, not just loading park tickets and 4 star Universal on one and not the other. Then there is the much cheaper food in Florida.

To bring them close or even cheaper for Florida, you could do the following... and I don't know the age of your children when suggesting it..

1 cut out the Universal hotel and stick to a Villa for the duration.

2. Cut out the Disney and buy Universals and DC ultimates. DC ultimates give you the fantastic day with all entertainment and food paid for at DC, but also free parking throughout the Seaworld , Aquatica and Busch Empire. That decision will save you a fortune. We haven't bought into Disney on any of our last 3 trips and don't miss it one iota.

Look at Days at Daytona, Cocoa beach at just over an hour away. Look at Days on the Gulf which take a tad longer. Look at the other non theme park attractions such as airboats.

I honestly believe that Florida for a fortnight is cheaper than Spain or any other EU destination for a fortnight at a comparable standard of accommodation etc.

In fact, living in Cornwall, I reckon that a fortnight in Florida is cheaper than a summer fortnight in Cornwall by the time the locals have unceremoniously gouged you and ripped you off from the time you cross the Tamar to the time that you leave! And with no guarantee of a sunny day.

Hope it helps!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:58 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I've PM'd you jas
Could you please email me the details too. X