Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Apr 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
bumble12
Getting to know the DIBB

Any thought’s welcome on this May 19 quote

I would be grateful for any thoughts on this quote :

Manchester - Orlando 16th May 2019 for 2 weeks (one week in half term and one week not)

5 adults and 1 child £4800 this includes a villa, direct flights and 7 seater car hire

I am toying with the idea of booking a package which we have done a few years ago, all done in one place and greater financial security or should I hold off and possibly get a cheaper price with flights if booked separately ?

Sorry if the question has already been asked
bumble12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I don’t think this is too bad. If you break it down, it’s comparable with DIY:

Flights approx £500pp = £3000
Villa approx £1300
Car approx £500

Does the car hire include all the insurance as I know Virgin for example tend to only come with basic which you then need to upgrade.

If you’re happy with the price then go with it.
Old 5 Apr 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I think its a good price for then.
Old 5 Apr 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I would say that's a good price based on what I have seen. I'm not an expert though.
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’d say it is an alright price if the all-inclusive car insurance is included. The question is, can you all fit in the car with your luggage? Those cars are very big, but when all the seats are up then the luggage space is usually much smaller (depending on what car you get).
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
bumble12
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

The quote is only including the basic car insurance, they wanted about £320 to upgrade.

I've read on another post here somewhere that you can take out additional insurance separately and could cost approx £100, this could be an option

Didn't really think about the luggage ? Does anyone have any experience of fitting 6 people and luggage in a 7 seater car ?
bumble12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bumble12 View Post
The quote is only including the basic car insurance, they wanted about £320 to upgrade.

I've read on another post here somewhere that you can take out additional insurance separately and could cost approx £100, this could be an option

Didn't really think about the luggage ? Does anyone have any experience of fitting 6 people and luggage in a 7 seater car ?
We initially had 'free' car hire with VH. When you add the insurance on it was much more expensive that hiring a car separately. We even got a small refund from VH for not taking the 'free' car hire ?!?

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

We were 6 in a 7 seater dodge mini van in Feb this year. We took 3 large cases and 4 little hand luggage on wheels cases plus a travel bag over the shoulder. We came back with another 2 large cases. How we got them in I don't know but we did lol we found hiding spaces on the foot well of middle and back rows so that helped x... we are looking at the same dates as you! Sounds good to me x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

No expert but I would be booking at that price for that many people.
Old 6 Apr 18, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

If it's virgin I would be asking them to reduce the car to as few nights as possible and make it as cheap a car as possible to see how much that would save then book car yourself. We are paying 600 for a standard suv for 3 weeks with alamo.Well actually it's 20 nights as we are using ME from airport then collecting from Disney car care the next day.
toots82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List