Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Dec 14, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

We went for our first few trips late January, we wore shorts and t-shirts around the parks most days. Temps were low 70s, The yanks thought we were mad and it made them feel cold looking at us lol.
If you get wet on any of the rides it will take ages to dry off we found. No queues when we went, walked straight on.
Cold first thing and at night so advise warmer clothing for evening and pool heating a must in a villa.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 14, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
milliemouse5
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks Dave! We're staying at port orleans so hopefully the pool will be heated
milliemouse5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 14, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We go every year around this time and will be there about the same time as you. As stated weather can be cold /hot so try and plan for both. If you have ever been in the summer months you will appreciate the low wait times on a lot of rides, although that can be hit and miss as well! Make good use of your FP and you should be ok. We much prefer this time of year if for no other reason than it is cooler. Have a fantastic time.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 14, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

One of the best times to go in our opinion! Clothes as above; would suggest layering and don't forget that if you're staying for fireworks the temperature can drop rapidly in the evening, even if you've been in t-shirts all day. The parks are great, loads of walk ons especially if you get there nice and early. Also, as someone mentioned, the flights can be half empty. Our flights home last year were great, as we could move around and sit where we wanted on the plane so people were spreading out across 3 seats and having a good sleep.
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 14, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We went 25th jan 2014 for 2 weeks, it was great for crowds. Most things were a walk on and the parks were quiet

But I found it really grey and cold. I had to buy a hoody out there and for the 14 days we were there 4 of them were in the 20s, the rest 7-15 degrees

Personal preference but I'm going in October again as I really didn't like the cold

But 2014 May have been a freak year and like I said the crowds are low. I wore leggings, hoodies and converse

There were a few days I worse maxi dresses but not many

I think the key is layers and pack for all weathers as I've heard jan can be a bit unpredictable weather wise
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 14, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pilgrimk8
Excited about Disney

pilgrimk8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
We love January. As before, hoodies for early AM/late PM but other than that I find shorts and a strappy top comfy enough. Managed to get a little sunburned a couple of times. Locals think we are crazy but being from the westcountry, 23° is like a heatwave for us! Enjoy!
Old 6 Dec 14, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozza
Very Serious Dibber

We're of at the same time, been having the same dilemma regarding clothing!

Really looking forward to it now, especially with the small matter of Christmas in between... feels like a lifetime ago that we booked it!
Lozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 14, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by milliemouse5 View Post
Thanks Dave! We're staying at port orleans so hopefully the pool will be heated
We stayed at Port Orleans when we went late Jan, yeah think pools were heated, we went in the main feature pool and quiet pools. Love that hotel!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 14, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
milliemouse5
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Eek so excited now! Telling my dd (6) just after christmas. We were supposed to go in may this year but my husband walked out and we cancelled the trip
I'll pack lots of layers then! Pilgrimk8 I'm from the West Country too
Glad the pool at port Orleans is heated, my little one will want to go in - hoping to brave a water park too!
milliemouse5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 14, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Treeny Babes
Getting Excited

Agree with everything said, my favourite time to go, off again on the 11th , when we went in jan 13 it was in the 80's all the time, the year before it was snowing ! and folks say they were literally frozen, but they are the extremes. Even in the sun we found it hard to dry out after a water ride, so we then took some spare clothes after buying some tops in the park, all helps with the experience, I remember going on test track and because there were no queues I was like a revolving door,
Have a great time and enjoy every minute !

Kissimmee Oct 1990 - Catalina Inn Dec 1992 - Oasis
Inn Jan 1994 - QII Mar 1995 - QIP Nov 1997 - H J M East March 1999 - C Suites Aug 2000 - Comfort Inn 2003 - DPC Oct 2005 - DPO(RQ) Sep 2009
Jan 2014 Coronado Springs - Jan 2015 Caribbean Beach/ Yacht Club-Sept 2016 Animal Kingdom
Treeny Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread