Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Sep 18, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile School Fund Raising

Any good ideas for this?
Also does your chids school kitchen do any selling or fund raising?
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

easyfundraising.uk

Simple to use I raised £54 in the year and didn't make any large purchases just everyday bits & bobs.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopy78
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Our school kitchen is privatised so they don't get involved. On the fundraising side we have a yearly sponsored bounce which is exactly what it says on the tin - the kids are sponsored to spend about 20 minutes on an inflatable assault course. Aside from the cost of the bouncy castle all proceeds go to the PTA and children love it. We also hold quiz nights and have had sponsored readathons too. We have a couple of discos a year and for the smaller ones who may not like a disco we hire a magician. Tickets are normally £2/3 and the outlay is the magician or cost of a drink and a biscuit each. Oh, and film nights too.
Loopy78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We introduced selling Christmas trees at my son’s infant school - was a fairly good money maker - around £10 profit per tree and all v good quality - treesforchristmas
RachaelC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

There doesn’t seem to be much fundraising at secondary school but at primary the PTA were always doing stuff.
Their letters used to come home on orange paper so you knew to look out for them.

Quiz nights, an annual summer ball (adults only), fetes, that banana moon company, book sales, second hand uniform sales, raffles, Christmas pudding sales etc, Christmas trees, children’s tea towels, cook books, school bake-off etc

However, I think the most popular was school cafe.
Every Friday after pick-up in the school hall.

There was a rota so you generally only had to bake once a term.
5 people baked or bought 24-30 cakes or biscuits each and 2 servers were needed each week also (they provided a couple of pints of milk too I think )

It was always really busy and successful. I never actually went as I was at work but I was on the baking rota.

Edited at 07:28 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Our primary have a quiz night, a pudding night and a race night for parents plus a sponsored "bunny bounce" for kids at Easter on a bouncy castle - alongside the usual Christmas and summer fetes/disco every full term.

Bake sales/crazy hair day and non uniform days are all for our supported charities.

Our secondary become less "organising" and more mercenary and just ask for donations from parents - monthly by standing order if possible - and for "sponsorship" for sports kit/buildings etc from local businesses.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

In our borough most school cooks work for council or private but not the schools themselves so don't tend to get involved. I open my kitchen on school fairs and cook off the hot dogs and onions the parent group supply and I stay to serve them. Occasionally i have baked some biscuits for a stall when not enough have been provided but again ingredients are supplied.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I'm on the school PTA committee ( for my sins, some days ) and we do loads!
Our main events are :
Disco's after school, with various stalls - tombola (with donations from parents for mufti day), refreshments, usually a throwing game, a spin the wheel type game, tattoos, photo booth, play your cards right, lucky dip, decorate a biscuit, etc etc. We try and theme it for the event.
Film nights ... we buy the licence for around £80 for the year. We charge £3 per child and this covers the film and a hot dog, drink and jubbly. We then have a tuck shop and ask parents to send in no more than £2 per child to spend at the tuck shop. We try and have 3 film nights per year. Pretty much every child in our school comes as its £3 for a couple of hours childcare lol!
Christmas Cracker, Rose day and Easter Eggstravaganza ( like a Christmas / Easter / Summer fare)
In the summer we sell Jubbly's for 30 p each after school on a Friday.
We do the personalised Christmas cards, and have done bags and tea towels in the past too.
We use Easy Fundraising and are also looking into Amazon smile.

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My kids school was selling slushies and ice pops after school every Friday last term. They must have made a fortune due to the hot weather.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

At my sons primary school we do a couple of discos each year. £2 a ticket and sell tuck. Capri suns, chocolate bars, crisps are all 50p each. Cup of diluting juice is 20p and water is free.

We also do christmas cards. There are lots of companies who do this. More and more are moving over to online ordering so all that needs to be done buy the school is the art work, sending a flyer with order details home and distributing ordered products.

We also do a coffee morning with stalls. This is quite good as we do it away from the school which means it is the wider community who give money rather than just parents.

Last year we ran a duck race with the 2 other schools in the town. We were fortunate enough to be able to borrow 1500 ducks which we sold numbers for £1. I think you may be able to hire them from places if you have a suitable watercourse to use.

We have also run quiz nights, beetle drives, bingo. You tend to make money off of raffles at these rather an too much off of the events themselves.

This year we are having a Ceilidh. Again, most of the ticket sale money will go for hall hore, band etc so we will be hoping to make money off of a raffle etc.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List