Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Feb 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
jonny_b
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Magical express - yellow tags !

Hi guys!

So this is the first time I’ll have the opportunity to use the yellow tags and have Disney take my luggage to my hotel room!

The time frame is a small concern but the idea of not having luggage as I get through MCO sounds amazing !

What’s you experience?

Use or not to use ?

Thanks guys !
jonny_b is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jonny_b View Post
Hi guys!

So this is the first time I’ll have the opportunity to use the yellow tags and have Disney take my luggage to my hotel room!

The time frame is a small concern but the idea of not having luggage as I get through MCO sounds amazing !

What’s you experience?

Use or not to use ?

Thanks guys !

Unfortunately our experience of this on the two occasions we used used it (we now always take our own luggage to the magical express) is negative. We waited 6 hours for our luggage the first time and on the second they lost one of our cases, it did turn up nearly 24 hours later.
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jonny_b
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Unfortunately our experience of this on the two occasions we used used it (we now always take our own luggage to the magical express) is negative. We waited 6 hours for our luggage the first time and on the second they lost one of our cases, it did turn up nearly 24 hours later.
That’s what I was afraid of ! Might just take my luggage ! There is only me ! So it will be much quicker I feel !

Thanks !
jonny_b is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

I've never used them, and I don't think I would want to unless I was arriving on an early morning flight and planned to spend the whole of the first day in the parks.

As we usually travel in the afternoon evening, for the first night it's nice to just get settled in the room and unpack.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

I am not sure I know what you mean about "yellow tags" but I am assuming you mean something about having your luggage collected for you? We will be arriving on a domestic flight in April and I know I could in theory, but absolutely no way will I be taking that chance, I want to know my luggage is with me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jonny_b View Post
Hi guys!

Aren't international arrivals different? If you arrive from elsewhere in the USA those tags mean you don't need to collect your luggage at the airport? However international arrivals mean you do need to collect, haul across MCO and hand over at the Disney transport desk?

So very little benefit? Assuming you are arriving from outside of the USA that is!

Edited at 05:50 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

We're flying in via Chicago so would be classed as a domestic flight, and I LOVE the idea of not bothering about luggage, just strolling off the plane and getting on the coach! However, I'm really put off by the idea of having the bags lost or seriously delayed. We (hopefully - tight connection!) should arrive at the hotel around 9pm and will probably just want to collapse into bed exhausted - I don't fancy waiting hours for PJs, or being woken up in the middle of the night
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Never used them - always take our luggage with us.

Maybe your cases don't have wheels. Ours do. It's no major effort to take them with us.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

I also thought you cant use them if you are from abroad , all the times we used ME we were never offered them. I think it's like the Magic bands they dont post to UK.Not sure though.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

I just did a quick search on here and it is just for US domestic flights
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List