Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jan 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Vodafone, thinking of switching to

Hi I'm currently with ee and have been forever. However been offered a really good deal on an s9 I'm still using my s6!

Ee say they don't sell the s9 anymore so cannot match it etc... Views on Vodafone? Bit wary to shift after so long.

X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

I was with Vodafone for years, no problem with them until you have an issue and need to deal with their Customer Service who, in my opinion, were awful. This was around 5-7 years ago though and was the reason I left them in then end and went to O2, who I've had no issues with
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

We had Vodafone and they were truly awful. The customer service was dire and the coverage for where we live was terrible.
We moved to 3 and have been with them for 9 or 10 years now never had an issue.

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Mobile

Vodaphone has the absolute worst customer service I have ever had the misfortune to deal with! I would never use them again even if they offered to pay me!
Old 6 Jan 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
teerts
Excited about Disney

I've been with Vodafone since 1997, the coverage, quality and value is quite good when I compare to other offers, however if you need to do anything which involves customer services it can be quite challenging, they do get it resolved in the end and do pay compensation quite quickly if they have not helped that well.

Shame really, I worked there for 15 years and they were the best in the UK!

I've used o2 with work, coverage was similar, I have a 3 SIM I use in the car which gives 200mb free data each month and Vodafone coverage is better, no experience of BT/EE I'm afraid, but when I price e then up when Voda upset me, the Vodafone package always works out better value, for me!

Good luck!
Old 6 Jan 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone... yea the customer service they provide does sound bad, that is what always comes up about them when searching. To be honest, I have rang EE once in the last 12 months and that was just to sort out my current sim price as I got to the end of the 12 months on the last one. I rarely contact customer service. hmmm

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I've been with Vodafone for years. Just switched to EE. Trying to leave vodafone took a few calls and an hour online chat.
Old 6 Jan 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Has anyone got the new samsung A70 handset? asking as EE offered me that as an alternative to them not having s9 handsets anymore... its a much cheaper phone than the s series.

Old 6 Jan 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

I have a dual sim phone and the works Vodafone sim is more often than not worse than the Three sim for signal strength.

As for the Samsung A70, its quite an old generation phone now, but then so is the S9. Not personally been a fan of Samsung's for a while now as their quality is not that good, they destroy the Android experience with their overlay and crapware installed and their premium phones are priced way above where they should be. The A70 spec though would suit most users who are looking for a phone which can run modern apps and take a reasonable photo.

Looking at EE, they do the Google Pixel phones and the 3a XL is probably the A70 equivalent and appears to be cheaper. It has a better camera than the A70.

If Samsung is your thing then the A70 is a pretty reasonable phone and up with with the S9, just in a more plastic body.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

We have O2, 3, and Vodafone.
Vodafone works fine around Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester but struggles away from cities, absolutely woeful in North Wales.
02 and 3 coverage is fine everywhere for us.

Vodafone customer service is shocking by many accounts but never called them personally.

Never had much luck with anything from Samsung so avoid them these days.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List