Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jan 20, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
As mentioned on another forum can the Queen or Prince Charles take custody of Archie?
I doubt either would want to. All are far too old to want to.
Seriously the poster on the other forum would have to be barking. There is no reason to.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
It appears all of Harry's anger over his mother's death has always been directed at the press and both William and Harry became close to their father and approved of his marriage to Camilla.
Will have to wait for the next few series of the crown though to see the truth in that 😂
I was only just saying I think The Crown series has enough fodder for another 10 years 😁
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We all might have our ‘favourite’ Royal but there’s always two sides to every story, including Charles & Diana. None of us have no way of knowing what’s really happened in the past, now or in the future except what we read online or via the press.
Personally I’d rather have a Monarch than a President but, just my opinion, there are too many hanger-ons and in this day and age when our country is struggling with certain key areas then perhaps it’s time to trim the Royal fat so to speak, ie cut back their funding.

Edited at 11:23 AM.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I was only just saying I think The Crown series has enough fodder for another 10 years 😁
I absolutely love The Crown but there are things shown that will not please the Queen, I often wonder how factual it is but then surely they can't show things that aren't true for legal reasons .
There was one bit in particular where the Queen had to be pressured to go to Aberfan after the disaster, she questioned herself as to why she couldn't force a tear, she was more or less admitting that she felt she was completely void of emotion, then at the end of that episode she was sat alone reflecting and the camera panned solely on her face for us all to see tears starting to emerge, I felt that was quite a poignant moment and one that almost had me in tears, just one scene that spoke volumes, like I said how true to actual fact it is is anybody's guess but it certainly doesn't always paint a rosey picture of her . It does show that she has by no means had an easy life, far from it .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Clare View Post
in this day and age when our country is struggling with certain key areas then perhaps it’s time to trim the Royal fat so to speak, ie cut back their funding.
I dont think it would make a difference as the saved money wouldnt be spent on us, it would just go to line the pockets of the government. We wouldnt see a penny.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
I dont think it would make a difference as the saved money wouldnt be spent on us, it would just go to line the pockets of the government. We wouldnt see a penny.
Agree, I think a presidency would cost far more than the monarchy does too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I absolutely love The Crown but there are things shown that will not please the Queen, I often wonder how factual it is but then surely they can't show things that aren't true for legal reasons .
Of course they can and do. There are many factual errors in the show. People alive who weren't at the time shown when Churchill died etc.

They can't sue as that could mean an appearance in court. As long as the Crown doesn't go beyond the pale they will get away with what they put on.

A few examples

ranker/list/historic.../setareh-janda

Edited at 12:16 PM.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Of course they can and do. There are many factual errors in the show. People alive who weren't at the time shown when Churchill died etc.

They can't sue as that could mean an appearance in court. As long as the Crown doesn't go beyond the pale they will get away with what they put on.

A few examples

ranker/list/historic.../setareh-janda
I agree - The Crown is a drama series, and thats all it is.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Agree, I think a presidency would cost far more than the monarchy does too.
Exactly.

Ho many people would come here to see a "trump" equivalent if we didn't have a queen etc.

If you go to Buckingham Palace at the same time as the changing of the guard its busier than main street on Xmas day!

And most of these tourist travel throughout the country, not just staying in London so other parts of the country benefit as well.

Who does to the USA to "see the president"?
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
I agree - The Crown is a drama series, and thats all it is.
I've enjoyed watching The Crown but my husband is a bit of a history buff and often tells me certain things are way off the mark. Sometimes it's dates, other times stuff that was just gossip but being shown as fact. We have friends in America who are convinced it's totally factual. They've already told me we'll find out the truth behind the Harry and Meghan saga when it's serialised in The Crown!
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread