Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jan 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
I honestly don't think it's hate, well certainly not for me anyway, and I'm pretty sure that goes for most of us on here. For myself, being a Suits fan, I was thrilled when she married Harry. Sat glued to the TV watching the wedding, with my friend in Florida, who'd got up at silly o'clock, so we could "watch it" together, albeit separated by the Atlantic ocean. It's just it seems to have gone a bit sour. They're not Sharon and Kevin from the flat over the launderette, they're the queen's grandchildren. A Duke and a Duchess. I don't think she realised what she was taking on, that it wasn't going to be a remake of Cinderella . But surely they could have given it slightly longer than 20 months to decide its unbearable living here? I know it's silly, but I feel it's a bit of a smack in the face to all of us that were so happy for them and bought the tea towels 😉
Exactly how I feel , it's not hatred it's sheer disappointment, hopefully they will get their happy ever after but I fear this is just the tip of the iceberg for them, there are already murmurings of the people of Canada not being as welcoming of this decision as it seems.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I honestly don't think it's hate, well certainly not for me anyway, and I'm pretty sure that goes for most of us on here. For myself, being a Suits fan, I was thrilled when she married Harry. Sat glued to the TV watching the wedding, with my friend in Florida, who'd got up at silly o'clock, so we could "watch it" together, albeit separated by the Atlantic ocean. It's just it seems to have gone a bit sour. They're not Sharon and Kevin from the flat over the launderette, they're the queen's grandchildren. A Duke and a Duchess. I don't think she realised what she was taking on, that it wasn't going to be a remake of Cinderella . But surely they could have given it slightly longer than 20 months to decide its unbearable living here? I know it's silly, but I feel it's a bit of a smack in the face to all of us that were so happy for them and bought the tea towels 😉
Just adding, completely off topic ... that my name is Sharon and I certainly do not live over a launderette. I have hated my name ever since it was used, by the media in the 90’s. Thought it had finally gone away ...
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
Just adding, completely off topic ... that my name is Sharon and I certainly do not live over a launderette. I have hated my name ever since it was used, by the media in the 90’s. Thought it had finally gone away ...
Sharon I'm really sorry if I inadvertently upset you, I certainly meant no offence.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
That’s how I feel about my name, but I bet you don’t have a sister called Tracey and come from Essex.

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I accept that you and most dibbers do not hate them but I try to look at situation through Harry's eyes. He is suffering from mental health problems brought on by childhood events, he now has a wife and baby and wants to protect them from a similar fate, he has tried by asking the media to back off but this really isn't happening. Meghan is finding it difficult to 'fit in' and no allowances are being made for her if she puts a foot wrong it is all over the press, she is not perfect but who is? Yes she may have spent lots of her money on the baby shower but then other people may look at us dibbers and think we're being over the top spending a bomb going to Disney all the time. I really hope they find the peace they need and come back to us in the future.

Edited at 12:25 PM.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I certainly don't hate them but I am sad and disappointed. I liked her and thought she would help to move the BRF onwards a bit. She was initially welcomed and had everything she wanted given to her, the wedding, the house, the nice trips. Sadly nothing was enough for her and for whatever reason she has decided she can't hack it. That's fine, her choice, but what does upset me is she is taking with her her view that we are a racist country and that is unfair! And that's the story she will be toting round the world because it's more acceptable than the truth!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
plot twist they are moving to canada
It's the first step.. Move to Canada as it's part of the Commonwealth then under the cover of night slip over the border to the US.. He's ex military its just another manoeuvre for him
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Out of interest I don't know if anyone knows but was Fergie still a Royal when she did Budgie the Helicopter
Of course, that's the only way it got published
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
It's the first step..Move to Canada as it's part of the Commonwealth then under the cover of night slip over the border to the US.. He's ex military its just another manoeuvre for him
They might have to as the Canadian public aren't as welcoming as it seems, they are already questioning who is going to fund their security over there, amongst other things .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
That's fine, her choice, but what does upset me is she is taking with her her view that we are a racist country and that is unfair! And that's the story she will be toting round the world because it's more acceptable than the truth!
The vast majority of recent research points to the fact that Britain is a racist country. I know that Wikipedia is not the best of sources but just have a look at racism in the UK on the site. It points to a large number of studies. You would be hard pushe d to find any country that doesn’t have the same problem.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread