Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jan 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
No he won’t. Anne’s children or Edwards children are not HRHs.
And unless I’m mistaken he’s the nephew of the king not the grandson? (Archie)!
Prince Charles is the next king and Archie is his grandson .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
No he won’t. Anne’s children or Edwards children are not HRHs.
And unless I’m mistaken he’s the nephew of the king not the grandson? (Archie)!
The grandchildren of a reigning monarch through the male line are entitled to be Prince/Princess. Prince Edward decided to accept titles of Lord/Lady for his children even though they were entitled to be Prince/Princess. Princess Anne’s children were entitled to be Lord/Lady because they are from the female line. Princess Anne and Mark Phillips decided to accept no titles (and neither did Mark Phillips) Once Prince Charles is King, Archie would be entitled to become a Prince.

Edited at 09:34 AM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I don’t understand why they will no longer use HRH. It’s said it’s because they’re no longer working royals, but Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have never been working royals and they are both HRH?

I‘ve got no particular views on what they’re doing, good luck to them, but this bit has confused me.
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
I don’t understand why they will no longer use HRH. It’s said it’s because they’re no longer working royals, but Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have never been working royals and they are both HRH?

I‘ve got no particular views on what they’re doing, good luck to them, but this bit has confused me.
Because Prince Andrew appears to want his children to have all the trappings and benefits of being a member of the Royal family. On the other end of the scale you have Prince Edward who doesn't appear to want that for his children. Personally I think Andrew needs to lose his 'benefits' in light of past alleged events as well as his family but that'll never happen.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

“ I’m particularly proud of how Meghan has quickly become one of the family”. Talk about gritted teeth.
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post

They haven’t been stripped of their HRH. They have been told/ have decided not to use it. Presumably to avoid the HRH being used in any money making activities they embark upon.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
“ I’m particularly proud of how Meghan has quickly become one of the family”. Talk about gritted teeth.
I have only just read the official statement and that bit stood out like a sore thumb , it should have added, but I'm particularly sad at how quickly Meghan broke away from the family who welcomed her with open arms. I noticed they will not discuss the security situation, of course not because the Canadian government do not consider it up to them to fund the security for them so that money has to come from somewhere .
This may seem all settled and over and done with but I'm not holding my breath .
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I have only just read the official statement and that bit stood out like a sore thumb , it should have added, but I'm particularly sad at how quickly Meghan broke away from the family who welcomed her with open arms. I noticed they will not discuss the security situation, of course not because the Canadian government do not consider it up to them to fund the security for them so that money has to come from somewhere .
This may seem all settled and over and done with but I'm not holding my breath .
This saga is only just beginning I’m afraid. Wait for the interview with Oprah !
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Yes it's Harry who I'm most concerned for. He is moving away from family and all his old support systems, what about the staff he'll have had for years?
It doesn't seem wise for someone with MH issues. There was a report on the BBC he hasn't seen any of his old friends for months, apart from one.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
Yes it's Harry who I'm most concerned for. He is moving away from family and all his old support systems, what about the staff he'll have had for years?
It doesn't seem wise for someone with MH issues. There was a report on the BBC he hasn't seen any of his old friends for months, apart from one.
He will be making new friends now, the celebrity ones that Meghan approves of 😉
Meghan cannot be blamed for dragging Harry away, you can lead a horse to water but cannot force it to drink, Harry will still have the support from his family but once you leave the fold that support is never as strong a bond as it was . His life is going to be very different now let's just hope it's a better life and brings him the happiness he wants/needs .
Closed Thread