Notices

Old 27 May 16, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Grapesoda View Post
I loved reading your report, your wee boys are so cute! Thanks for taking time to read & comment x
Aww thank you so much, boys are the best Im sure you will agree
Old 27 May 16, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Ohhhh, I'm so pleased you've decided to jump on board - welcome to the world of trip report writing!

Yes, it's time consuming, yes, you'll wonder if it you'll ever get it finished, or if anyone else will read it. But you know what, it's completely worth it in the end, if only for yourselves. I get sooooo much pleasure looking back on my old reports, and actually, keep thinking I should do something about preserving them elsewhere as I'd be devastated now to lose them!

Looking forward to seeing all your plans
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Ohhhh, I'm so pleased you've decided to jump on board - welcome to the world of trip report writing!

Yes, it's time consuming, yes, you'll wonder if it you'll ever get it finished, or if anyone else will read it. But you know what, it's completely worth it in the end, if only for yourselves. I get sooooo much pleasure looking back on my old reports, and actually, keep thinking I should do something about preserving them elsewhere as I'd be devastated now to lose them!

Looking forward to seeing all your plans
Thanks Jo, yes I've took on board what you said and I'm going to blame you if it all goes tits up! Haha.
I love reading all your reports and seeing your boys grow is crazy, it's great to have a report, cause we'll never get those days back xx

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Aww thank you so much, boys are the best Im sure you will agree
Absolutely... when they're asleep 😉

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 16, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Look what the Mr.postman delivered today!

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Old 28 May 16, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Are we there yet? July 2016 Pre-Trip Report!

Hello I'm back with another instalment, with only 30 odd days to go I think I may have left this Pre-Trip business a bit late... anywhoooo!
Here we go,
The Plans
Pre-travel Day 01/07/16
We are travelling to Dublin on Friday the 1st of July and staying overnight at the Premier Inn, Swords. We've stayed here before on a recent trip to Dublin Zoo and Tayto Park, it's a lovely hotel in a retail park with lots of restaurants and shops to keep us occupied for 1 night. I didn't book the meal deal or breakfast as I think we'll eat at TGI or Hogs & Heifers and have breakie at the airport.

Travel Day 02/07/16
Our flight is with Aer-Lingus at 2:10pm so I'd like to be at the airport for 11am because Nigel & Joseph aren't big morning people, we'll have to eat at the airport!
Our flight is due in at 6:30pm and it should be a quick exit as we'll have done pre-clearance in Dublin.
This is were it gets a bit patchy for us as we've never been on a long haul flight!
I'd like to say we'll get to SSR, check in and go out for dinner! But I have a feeling we may just collapse in a heap (hopefully once we've found our room!). I have requested The Grandstand area, because I like the idea of getting on/off the buses first.
This is were we'll stay for 5 nights with DDP. I cannot wait!

07/07/16 – 09/07/16
After hitting Disney hard for 5 days we will be collecting our car hire and heading here...

St.Pete Beach and the Grand Plaza Beach front hotel for 2 nights. I just loved reading about other peoples stay at the beach (Wizzo & Abiknox) and I'm so looking forward to just chilling and exploring this beautiful place. I'm hoping to squeeze in some shopping during the evening too.

09/07/16
Hopefully feeling super relaxed we'll start on the next part of the adventure, the Villa... woohoo!
We have booked 2 weeks at a Dibb villa “Orlando Dream”, you might remember seeing pics of it in Scottishnellies trip-report. It looks amazing and the kids are looking forward to the games room and the pool. I am looking forward to the hot tub and a cheeky glass of vino de blanco!

That was the planning finished and things kind of slowed down, I'd ticked off everything on my list...
Flights
Disney
Beach
Villa
All sorted and deposits paid, *twiddles thumbs*
Of course all you Dibbers know that it's never the end of the planning so...

Universal was added with an overnight stay at Hard Rock Hotel to take advantage of the express pass thingys. That will happen during our last week and I haven't told Nigel or the boys about that yet. Not that it'll make a blind bit of difference cause they haven't a clue what I'm talking about half the time when it comes to this holiday, they'll just turn up on the day!

Then I got to thinking about our last day (not something I like to do too often) and realised we had to be out of our villa at 11am and our flight wasn't til 8:30pm! That would not be good for all the sweets and chocolate I intend to bring home, so...

I booked a night at POP Century hotel, it means we can leave our luggage with the hotel in a cool room after check out. It was such a brain wave because I really wanted to visit POP and AoA resorts for some photos and the food courts, so this way I'll get to really explore. Whoop, whoop!

So that is the plans ladies and gents, up next...

ADR's & Snacks

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here

Edited at 09:11 AM.
Old 30 May 16, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah, fab, you started one, go you

Damn, we will just miss you at Dublin. Our flight leaves at 1130 so we will have gone through clearance as you are arriving

We may see you around Hard Rock though !

Plans sound lovely , perfect mix of on and off site.

Ooooh, it's coming round too quickly
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 16, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

I wish our flight was at that time, you won't be landing too late!

I hope I spot you at HRH, I'll come say hi

It'll be time to get the luggage down soon x

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Old 30 May 16, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Great update
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 16, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
What a great trip you've got planned and just look at your countdown

Your combination of Disney, beach and villa sounds perfect. Like how you've dropped in a night at HRH

Look forward to hearing about your ADR's and snacks, love reading anything related to food
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List