Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Sep 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
clarabellap198
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Struggling to plan park days for this October!

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone with more experience might be able to help me plan what days to do the parks this October.
I would usually take into account EMH as we are staying offsite but there are EMH for every park for every day of our stay which has really thrown me and now I have no idea what to do.

So does anyone have any advice for me in terms of what days to do what parks? I am starting to worry that this trip will be a nightmare!
clarabellap198 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m sure it won’t be a nightmare! Have you looked at the busy day guide to see what parks are recommended for each day? If not maybe start there!
If there are extra magic hours try to pick the park that doesn’t have them in the morning and start your day there. If you have park hopper tickets you can always try and move away to another park if needed!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
clarabellap198
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Hi, thanks, yes I have looked and every has them every day of our stay so I can't pick between them if you see what I mean? I'm not sure how to choose if every park is least recommended every day...
clarabellap198 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
fiendj
Getting Excited

We have this exact same issue. We have already booked a couple of things in the parks (fantasmic dining and mnsshp) so we are basing our fast passes around those. In all honesty, we are just looking at what fast passes are available at 30 days and then we are going to take it day by day and see how busy the parks are. Hopefully we will have a more relaxed trip as we don't like to be tied to our fast passes.
fiendj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I feel your pain, I am pretty much planning our trip blind and just hoping for the best (a very different tactic to normal!) I am expecting it to be very busy so anything less than that will be a win!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

we were in the same situation with our trip this month.

The dibb busy day guide wasnt much help as it said avoid most parks most days so I looked further afield.

If you google wdw crowd calendars, busy day guides and look on say touring plans or other planning forums etc you will see there all lots of other guides.

ive too much time on my hands being on chemo so have crossed referenced them all and then come up with my plan
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by clarabellap198 View Post
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone with more experience might be able to help me plan what days to do the parks this October.
I would usually take into account EMH as we are staying offsite but there are EMH for every park for every day of our stay which has really thrown me and now I have no idea what to do.

So does anyone have any advice for me in terms of what days to do what parks? I am starting to worry that this trip will be a nightmare!
There is no need to overthink it, if EEMH are on every day in every park it makes no difference. Pick your park days at random, we do tend to alternate where we start and that is the limit to our planning.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

EMH usually means that a park is least recommended because it draws the onsite guests there and both makes the park busier and eliminates the possibility of rope dropping popular rides. However with so many magic hours across so many parks, it's likely that onsite guests will be much more spread out than usual (which was probably Disney's thinking). As a result, the main effect will be the inability to rope drop rides such as FOP, SDMT and SDD. The main change you might want to make to your plans, therefore, is to do more evenings, if possible, so that you can plan to get in line for these popular rides close to park closing when lines tend to be shorter. (And also, if onsite guests get up for EMH, they may be more likely to leave the parks in the afternoon and evening.) Other than that, as above, I think you can pick the parks pretty much at random on the basis of the crowds being spread across them.

If it continues
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

I am the same. So I’m throwing caution to the wind. Staying away from parks on weekends, and put a rough plan together. Plans can change, I know not much help for fast passes. But sometimes it’s better to go with how you are feeling on the day. We are also not doing early mornings this time and going to the parks from lunchish onwards. It’ll be different for us. We are staying offsite and doing Universal parks as well.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
clarabellap198
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Thanks everyone, I think I will just relax a bit and see how we feel each day. We are also doing Universal but we are staying at an onsite hotel