Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Jun 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

When we went in May (with a 2y 4 month child) he did not need to show anything at the Disney turnstiles. We did have a band for him but left it in the room.

For ID marking kids then consider taking a waterproof sharpie or similar with you. You can then write your number on the back of a badge (if they will wear that) or on the arm as others have suggested. Don't put it inside clothing as the cast members aren't allowed to look inside (as we were advised). I recommend the backpack with reins although ours cottoned on to that and refused to wear it, he also refused to wear the wrist lead we got him. I wouldn't put his name on things, just in case.

Get yourself some good running shoes and practice making quick turns!

Take a photo of what they are wearing in the morning on your mobile just in case.

We worried a lot about this. Ours is a runner and a bit of a ninja. I am glad to say we didn't lose him.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
If you're staying on-site you'll get one anyway when you check in. Our daughter got a band at check-in and enjoyed wearing it (and still plays with it at home now!).

I'm a fan of the backpack reins too We used these and use them at home too. I know some people don't like them but I'd rather be safe and know she can't run off.
Old 26 Jun 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
disney troops
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
When we went in May (with a 2y 4 month child) he did not need to show anything at the Disney turnstiles. We did have a band for him but left it in the room.

For ID marking kids then consider taking a waterproof sharpie or similar with you. You can then write your number on the back of a badge (if they will wear that) or on the arm as others have suggested. Don't put it inside clothing as the cast members aren't allowed to look inside (as we were advised). I recommend the backpack with reins although ours cottoned on to that and refused to wear it, he also refused to wear the wrist lead we got him. I wouldn't put his name on things, just in case.

Get yourself some good running shoes and practice making quick turns!

Take a photo of what they are wearing in the morning on your mobile just in case.

We worried a lot about this. Ours is a runner and a bit of a ninja. I am glad to say we didn't lose him.
Thanks for the reassuring advice. Mine wont wear a backpack. I'll need to have a look when we arrive there on Friday for something. I've already warned the hubby... one adult to per child. We only have 2 ha. But we might find they might want to sit in the pram if it's too hot anyway.

Yeh mine likes a runner now and again.
disney troops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

One adult per child is a great idea! We used to put the pushchair in one of the parking points for the area and leave it there whilst we explored. Did have to go back to Frontier Land from Tomorrow Land at one point. Keeping your hands free I think is key.

We found that he got braver as he got more used to the crowds, but we also got more used to it and started to anticipate his darting. It is lovely to be able to let them run off some steam. If you get chance head over towards France in Epcot before the world showcase is open. They have a cast member who patrols the entrance to Morocco but the rest of the area is a lot less busy and idea for running and jumping in puddles (we did ALL of the puddles in Disney). If EPCOT still has the playground areas they are great - the one towards test track is more toddler based but the one on the bridge near refreshment port is more interesting, but it has two exits and not much shade.

If you have a Lightning McQueen fan, be warned that he appears in the racing academy but isn't available for meets. We had a very upset little boy who wanted to go and be friends with Lightning.

Have a wonderful trip!
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I’m pretty sure the RFID in magic bands isn’t good enough to track people round the parks. A child of 2 doesn’t need a ticket, so a magic band would be useless as it wouldn’t be linked to a ticket.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
AndyA06
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

If you're booked to stay onsite you will get one for your 3 year old. We went last year (on site) and a family of 4 (inc a 3 year old) got 4 magicbands.
AndyA06 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I wouldnt rely on a magic band for a 3 year old. They fall off when they play with them. The 2 best solutions for stopping your child walking off are 1) watch them at all times or 2) many people in Disney have those leads that go onto your childs wrist so they cant walk off from you.
Both options are better than a Magic Band for keeping your child safe.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List