Go Back   theDIBB > DIBBcast - a Disney Podcast with a British Accent > DIBBcast Show Notes
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 31 Mar 17, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
geoffa
Imagineer

geoffa's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 8
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Show #166 - 1st April 2017

::SHOWNOTES::

inline image

DIBBCAST #166 - 1st April 2017

"Parliamo Mousari ?"

Mel steers the ship for this DIBBcast with a motley crew of Jeremy, Rachel, Anna and Grant. Mel gets confused with her At Ats but is happy to pose with the Headless Horseman. Grant goes all Art Deco, Jeremy is turning Japanese whilst Anna and Rachel think they've been barred from eating at Disneyland Hotel at Paris. Also, its been a while since we linked up with our friends across the pond at Mousechat so there is a fair bit to catch up on. All with a British and an American accent.

HOW TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW
iTunes, Stitcher Radio and more!

LENGTH: 107 Mins
SIZE: 102.5 MB

MUSIC:
(WDR =Walt Disney Records)

Happily Ever After - Magic Kingdom fireworks - Promotional
Morning report- Lion King - WDR
Paint the night - Disneyland - promotional
ABC - Jackson 5 - Motown
Animagiue - Walt Disney Studios Paris - Promotional
Married Life - Up - WDR
A whole new world - Aladdin - Jim Brickman Disney Songbook -WDR
Fantasmic - Pres show loop - Promotional
Promise - Illuminations, Reflections of earth - Epcot - WDR

Disney Hollywood Studios - Star Wars

Disney have released a short video showing progress with Star Wars land. Two At Ats are currently being constructed. Disney say taht the land will open in 2019.

Disney's Animal Kingdom - Pandora, Avatar - Satu'li Canteen

When the World of Avatar opens guests will be able to enjoy creative, flavourful dishes based on the healthful bounty of Pandora, with wholesome grains, fresh vegetables and hearty proteins at Satuli Canteen, where an on-stage grill with beef, chicken or fish offerings is a prominent feature in the colourful dining room.

Disney Springs - The Edison:

Construction continues on The Edison restaurant behind the hoardings at Dosney Springs.Themed to a 1920's electric company power plant and having 35ft high ceilings, The Edison will feature a number of distinct areas.

The Edison will offer classic American food, cocktails, and live entertainment - including cabaret and music.

Disney Other - Meet the Headless Horseman

The Headless Horseman is returning to the Fort Wilderness Campground this autumn, but in an entirely different way! Instead of a haunted hayride through the woods as in previous years, Fort Wilderness will be offering an up-close-and-personal encounter with the Headless Horseman as part of a spooky seasonal event themed around The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
The main attraction of the event is a Tri Circle D Ranch screening of the 1949 Disney animated film The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, which was originally paired with The Wind in the Willows as part of Walt Disneys The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad double feature. Guests will then have an opportunity to interact with and of course have their photos taken with the Headless Horseman himself. All attendees will receive a limited-edition Headless Horseman pin, and Premium ticket holders will be given an additional goodie bag.
(See post below by Jono74656 which contains further details).

Disneyland Paris:
This appeared on the dining section of the DLP website:

Does it really mean, that for dinner, only Disneyland Hotel guests can dine?

Grand Day Out - Blackpool -24th June 2017

Come and join us for a great day of fun with mutually Disney minded people. All meals provided. Wristband for Blackpool Pleasure Beach. "Live" recording of the DIBBcast. Lots of laughs.

BOOK NOW: https://DIBB.in/12259456

DIBBcast raffle:

You could win two weeks in a luxury villa - 20 minutes from Walt Disney World. Sleeps 8 (plus 1 infant in cot) - two Master bedrooms, two bedrooms both with twin beds, fabulous lounge area with 50" TV, fully equipped kitchen, games room, pool and spa with lanai.

Interested, then go here:

https://DIBB.in/12339460

*Terms and conditions apply.
Prize kindly donated by Gryff

Lots of other great prizes to be won!

Edited at 08:56 PM.
geoffa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cancelled because of illness.
geoffa is going to the DIBBcast Grand Day Out!
Unread 31 Mar 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jono74656
Serious Dibber

jono74656's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just to add a bit more information on the Legend of Sleepy Hollow event, I actually rang and booked my place for the 30th September yesterday. (Call 407-WDW-PLAY)

The prices are indeed $22 for the general seating, and $38 for premium, and these are actually inclusive of tax.

I don't know if this will hold true for every night, but they were offering an 8pm and a 10pm event, which are checked in at the Blacksmith's Shop near the Settlement Area of Fort Wilderness at least 15 minutes before the event starts.

I splurged on the premium entry, which nets you a seat in the first 5 rows for the screening of the movie, priority entry to the Headless Horseman meet-and-greet and a 'Legends of Sleepy Hollow treat bag' in addition to the limited edition pin.

Now I can't wait

My First Solo Trip Report

Edited at 07:49 PM.
jono74656 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cheeky Solo DLP Trip! First in 20 Years!
jono74656 is a Disney Podcast DIBBcast-ear
Unread 31 Mar 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
geoffa
Imagineer

geoffa's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Sounds good - thanks for confirming the details and enjoy your meet with Mr HH when it happens.

Edited at 07:47 PM.
geoffa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 3 Apr 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
geoffa
Imagineer

geoffa's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
So, how many of you spotted our April Fool?

Unread 3 Apr 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Well, it was almost true!

Thanks for another great show guys.

It looks like the whole confusion over Inventions restaurant is a bit of miscommunication and misunderstanding. Hope so anyway!

Good to hear the MouseChat guys, I love their podcast (not as much as the Dibb of course...!)

Shame they didn't have a good experience at Bistrot Chez Remy. My steak there was the best I've ever had at DLP, and our waiter was so funny. Because we tried to order in French (OK, bad 30 year old school French) he thought this was amazing and he challenged us to only speak in French the whole meal! We got by - maybe with some sign language but we did!

There are so many lovely restaurants at DLP, the MouseChat clients needn't worry. We've had great meals at Walt's, Blue Lagoon, Manhattan (closed at the moment), Yacht Club, Bistrot Chez Remy ... you really don't need to head to McDonald's! As for California Grill, it's superb - and the 'Dream to Live' package is a superbly romantic evening for anyone who's prepared to take out a second mortgage first...
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Budget DLP trip!
Gill H is going to the DIBBcast Grand Day Out!
Unread 28 Apr 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
doombuggy
slightly serious Dibber

Great show, y'all!

Regarding the new garage that is going to be built in Disney Springs - it will be in the area roughly behind the gas/petrol station (Speedway). This was a cast parking lot. When the company decided to expand the area and add more shops and eateries, more employees needed to be added. Many of us made comments about parking right off the bat, as we have a hard enough time parking as it is. I will be getting to work an hour early tomorrow to get a parking spot (see what I mean?). It is my understanding that this garage behind speedway will be more for cast and operating participants than guest, but will be open to all. Right now, working cast cannot park in Lime, but are allowed to park on level 1 of Orange during early mornings during the week only.

I have a D23 gold membership. I did buy it last year in order to go to the D23 event in November. I recently renewed it in the hopes of more fun things like that to be able to go to here in FL. The magazines are great as well. I have not been to any of the expos however.
1974-1983 WDW day trips*1992 WDW*1994 Contemporary*1997 WDW*1997 Polynesian* 1998 DL PAC*1999 DL DH*2000 Coronado/PO*2001 WDW*2002 DL DH*2002 WDW HHB*2003 POR*2003 WDW HHB*2004 Moved to Orlando*2006 DVC Member*2006 DLR*2007 DVBR*2007 OKW*2007 VWL*2008 GCH*2009 BLT*2009 AKL*2010 OKW*2010 SSR*2010 DLP DLH*2011 BLT*2011 AKL Kidani*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani*2015 VGC*2017 VGC*2017 VGF*2017 Toy Story (SDL) & Disney Ambassador (TDR)
doombuggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
doombuggy is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 29 Apr 17, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
So, how many of you spotted our April Fool?
A seed has been sown again Geoff - Will let you know if the Tesco Express day is repeated, judging from reactions a few weeks ago - it may be possible

For anyone who missed out on the Tesco day - - still makes me laugh!

it is here in my trip report for 2013

Will keep you posted
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going out in a Blaze of Glory.
walt4it is a Disney Podcast DIBBcast-ear