Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore-x
Helping Mickey

Are we crazy?

So we are flying with BA for the first time in December and having been split up on a 4 hour flight once we now always book seats well in advance.
We have paid £288 total just for seats to and from Orlando! The thought of being split up on our honeymoon flights was worrying us so bit the bullet and paid
Eeyore-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

It's worth it if it makes you less stressed! Especially on your honeymoon!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

In the past I’ve paid to sit where I wanted. 👍
It’s your holiday, you spend your money how you like! 😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are years away from our honeymoon flight (around 51 actually) but we still pay to reserve seats - we want to sit together and we want to choose where we sit.

Seat selection is included with VS PE and TC PE but it's extra with BA PE. Around £40 pp per leg as I recall. As a couple we'd probably be one of the first to be split if it was needed - and we don't want to be - simple as that.

If you want to sit together that's totally your choice.

Mick
Link to this Post
lindylou46
slightly serious Dibber

If you save Avios with BA you can use them for seat selection.
lindylou46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore-x
Helping Mickey

Thanks everyone, made me feel a lot less like we've been ripped off and more like we've spent it wisely to save any worrying
Think I'll start saving avios points as our once in a lifetime trip has turned into 3 already!
Eeyore-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Eeyore-x View Post
Thanks everyone, made me feel a lot less like we've been ripped off and more like we've spent it wisely to save any worrying
Think I'll start saving avios points as our once in a lifetime trip has turned into 3 already!
Been on the DIBB just over 15 years now and the "is it worth it?" question comes up regularly whether it's about travel, accommodation, dining or experiences.

It's great to ask for opinions but at the end of the day it's your holiday and, if it's your 1st or 101st, if it enhances your enjoyment and reduces stress then it's worth it.

Have a great time.

Mick
Old 11 May 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyore-x View Post
Yes we paid too, £220 for the return for the 2 of us, I’m not being stuck in between 2 strange men again
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Sadly as a couple you are more likely to be split up I think so you are wise to pay .
We do the same if we have to as dh has to have an aisle seat so he can stretch out his leg due to his arthritis

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

Awww congrats. As others, it’s your holiday and in these circumstances I would probably do the same thing. Seat selection is a rip off and you probably would be ok, but in this case it wouldn’t be worth the risk to me either.

You don’t want to be worrying about something like that, and totally understandable you want to make sure. One less thing to stress about makes it worth it.

Enjoy every minute
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List