Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jun 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
What made you embarrassed, their attire or their behaviour. Would you have felt less embarrassed had they not been wearing football shirts
The football shirts, their behaviour and the dad walking around topless.

I would have felt less embarrassed had they not been wearing English football shirts.

I hope that clarifies things for you.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Look at these!

She’s changed into a better pair lol!
Haha! I get it now 😆
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
The football shirts, their behaviour and the dad walking around topless.

I would have felt less embarrassed had they not been wearing English football shirts.

I hope that clarifies things for you.
It does, although personally can't understand why people get embarrassed by what strangers wear or do
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Look at these!

She’s changed into a better pair lol!
There's more hole than denim😂
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
But that’s just it. Dog owners always think their particular dog doesn’t stink - but they do. All dogs smell of dog and it’s just a smell I can’t stand. Granted - some dogs don’t slobber I will concede that. But I’ve yet to meet a dog that doesn’t smell like a dog.

Don’t get me wrong I can look at a dog and think it’s cute but it doesn’t mean I want to smell it or touch it and I hate when owners let their dogs come over, or worse still jump up at you for attention. I wouldn’t let my child jump on anyone so why should it be ok for a dog?

And I also hate being thought of as some kind of monster just because I don’t like dogs. I’ve had ‘what kind of person doesn’t like dogs?’ ‘I can’t trust someone who doesn’t like dogs?’ Really? I can’t help that I don’t like them. I totally get that the vast majority of the population love them. My best friend in the whole world has 3 of her own and is a dog walker for a living, so I very much tolerate them on a daily basis!

But this thread asked what we hate that everyone else has, and unfortunately that’s mine. It doesn’t make me a bad person!
No, not every dog smells, they really don’t. Our house is up for sale atm and we take out any evidence of our dog - nobody knows we have one.
Some dogs do have a smell, guess it depends on the breed, but not all smell.
I’m not keen on slobbering dogs, but that’s just me. As for jumping up, my dog ‘knows’ if a person is worthy of their attention. Most are drawn to him, and get lots of love. The others - who cares?
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
No, not every dog smells, they really don’t. Our house is up for sale atm and we take out any evidence of our dog - nobody knows we have one.
Some dogs do have a smell, guess it depends on the breed, but not all smell.
I’m not keen on slobbering dogs, but that’s just me. As for jumping up, my dog ‘knows’ if a person is worthy of their attention. Most are drawn to him, and get lots of love. The others - who cares?
How I wish all dogs knew I wasn't worthy of their attention then and avoided me. If only! They all seem to want to convert me

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
How I wish all dogs knew I wasn't worthy of their attention then and avoided me. If only! They all seem to want to convert me
Maybe they know you’re a secret canine lover? 😉
Dogs aren’t much different to us, they are great at reading body language - well mine is. Unless you’re totally unapproachable but have a bag full of yummy food? Then, sorry but that’s what they’re after 😂
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine earlier at one of the many coffee shops around here that love dogs 😉 he gets so much attention when we’re out and about, love that we’re such a dog friendly nation - we even take him to the pub with us 😆

Old 1 Jun 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Mine earlier at one of the many coffee shops around here that love dogs 😉 he gets so much attention when we’re out and about, love that we’re such a dog friendly nation - we even take him to the pub with us 😆

I love this! our dog loves a good walk and a pub lunch. In Rome everyone takes their dogs everywhere even shopping x
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Mine is quite controversial. I have always hated flip flops. I don't like the idea of having something between your toes and then nothing at the back to stop it falling off. I have never ever owned a single pair.