Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MEZZA
Imagineer

MEZZA's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
He acted on impulse, do you seriously think he had time to sit there and deliberate over how to restrain her ?
He’d already pushed her back with force on her chest - that was reasonable to stop was she was doing I have issues with the hand around her neck - as I have said IF she was armed she could have caused more damage with her hands and arms free

MEZZA is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
I respectfully disagree.
Being held around the throat is a trigger for alot of victims.
You are of course entitled to your opinion. Experience alters opinions.
I am very comfortable to see a perpetrator of crime being challenged, over powered and controlled. And you have no idea what my experiences are.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I respectfully disagree.
Being held around the throat is a trigger for alot of victims.
You are of course entitled to your opinion. Experience alters opinions.
I am quite shocked that you would liken what happened here to Domestic Abuse, there was no victim in this situation but there could have been had she reached her target .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
Any person in the street ‘could’ have a weapon, do you shove and grab them by the neck too? Just in case?

The responses here are quite frankly staggering. If you think that’s reasonable force against a peaceful protestor I genuinely weep for the state of this country.
That's totally different. This lady was on private property at a function she was not invited to and was walking in a way that suggests (To me anyway) that she was on a mission. Whether that be to find a certain person or whatever.

I have never had a fight in my life, never been violent, never thrown a hit/punch/slap in my 50 years BUT i dont think this was wrong.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am very comfortable to see a perpetrator of crime being challenged, over powered and controlled. And you have no idea what my experiences are.
I am aware i have no knowledge of ur life experience.
I too have no issue with her being challenged.
I do have an issue with being gripped around the throat.

Like i said i respectfully disagree.
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Outraged. Errr NO, are we outraged because it was a woman, because of course woman are clearly not capable of violence. Are we outraged that he’s a Conservative

It’s all very easy to pontificate about an event when you don’t see it from HIS perspectives.
Basically, Greenpeace, ER, RSPCs etc etc anyone with a grievance does not have the right to trespass or enter a private event.

She shouldn’t have been there, simples, He had a millisecond to decide what to do. She wasn’t too bothered about shoving her way through.

His reaction is a reflection on the society we live in.
I expect the poor sod will lose his job and the outraged brigade will be happy... until an unhinged member of Greenpeace does have a knife then they’ll be outraged that the man didn’t do anything... people just love to be outraged
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Well I am afraid when you intrude a private event you pose a threat and do not get to pick in what way you are challenged.

But again, there is no DV link to this incident.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by braby View Post
Regardless of wether the protester was peacfull or not, she was not invited therefore tresspassing, if you tresspass any event then you have to expect to be thrown out.
To me it didn't seem that the force was unreasonable, I've certainly been thrown out of nightclubs with a lot more force than that, I didn't go crying to social media because of it though.
Due to world events over the last few years we now live with a fear of terror and what could happen at any moment, would anyone be able to say with authority wether the protester was armed or wanted to cause harm?
I get that people need to protese to stick up for what they believe in, however there are ways and means and by invading a private event you are asking for trouble?
Had there been a police officer/guard there would they have acted any different?
Say the event had involved a family member and harm had been caused, would you be saying the same things if everyone stood by and watched?
Unfortunatly these are the times we live in.
Police officers/Security are trained and authorised , he was neither trained nor authorised to use physical force.

As there was no immediate threat to him or obvious ( not assumed) threat to others then this was physical assault.
Sequoia Lodge 2006,Sequoia Lodge 2008,Sequoia Lodge 2009,Old Key West 2010,Sequoia Lodge 2011,Old Key West 2012,Old Key West 2014,Royal Pacific Resort 2016,Anaheim 2016,Sequoia Lodge 2018,Beach Club 2019
Bugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Sorry in the video posted in the first post I don't see the protestor being gripped round the throat, I do see her being gripped around the backof the neck.
If he was strangling someone, then yes it could be classed as excessive force.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

You seeing this has obviously stressful for you and sorry you had to endure that.
It clearly has affected you and that’s sad. I hope you are ok.

We could all see something that has bad memories or affects us due to a stressful experience, I do , and maybe that is what we base our opinions on.

I still say though If I did what she did then it would be my own fault (unlike yours)
Just like if I hit a man or punched a man for no reason I would expect a punch or hit back .