Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 23 Jun 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile Anna Maria Island

Is there anything we should book in advance or good things to do on Anna Maria Island? Booked for 4 nights staying near rod n reel pier? Tia
Flowertot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

On our first trip in 2017 we pre booked a Sunset Dolphin boat tour with Paradise Boat Tours which was fab, then for our trip last year we booked a kayaking tour with Happy Paddler. Unfortunately it had to be cancelled because of the Red Tide so would probably wait to book until I got there next time

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

We're on AMI at the moment and can thoroughly recommend an evening walk to the Rod & Reel pier to see the (almost) resident dolphins and manatees. We've not failed to see them yet!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sijen
Very Serious Dibber

sijen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by PABBY View Post
We're on AMI at the moment and can thoroughly recommend an evening walk to the Rod & Reel pier to see the (almost) resident dolphins and manatees. We've not failed to see them yet!
Ohhhhhh….. heaven - love AMI... hope you had an amazing time. x
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile

Happy paddle were great!
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sijen View Post
Ohhhhhh….. heaven - love AMI... hope you had an amazing time. x
Oh, we absolutely did! We will definitely be going back on a future trip.
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Anna Maria Island recently hit my radar and I quite fancy a split holiday between our usual villa in Davenport for 10-14 days and then a week or so on AMI. I confess to being restless, and not content to sit by the pool and read a book, unlike the dearly beloved who has perfected floating on a pool noodle whilst reading a book! Will there be enough things to do for a whole week for three girls 19 through to 23?
I've had a quick look and it seems that family sized villas are really expensive, so might need to think about staying less than a week.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Segdude View Post
Anna Maria Island recently hit my radar and I quite fancy a split holiday between our usual villa in Davenport for 10-14 days and then a week or so on AMI. I confess to being restless, and not content to sit by the pool and read a book, unlike the dearly beloved who has perfected floating on a pool noodle whilst reading a book! Will there be enough things to do for a whole week for three girls 19 through to 23?
I've had a quick look and it seems that family sized villas are really expensive, so might need to think about staying less than a week.
I find there’s plenty to do but it does depend on what your interests are. Last year we filled a week with crazy golf, hiring a boat, shopping (Ellenton Outlets and a Mall near Sarasota), wondering down Bridge Street & Pine Ave. Theres also kayaking and other water sports. We had a pool at our house which was great as we were hit with the Red Tide whilst we were there so didn’t spend much time at the beach. The houses are significantly more expensive than the Orlando area but once you get on the island you’ll understand why, it’s just paradise 😃.
A cheaper alternative is a condo with shared pool. In 2017 we stayed at the Tortuga Inn which I would highly recommend. If you are tied to school holidays try and go at the back end of August as you’ll have the island pretty much to yourself apart from the locals

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Segdude View Post
This is our trip report from our stay two years ago. We too do not like sitting around. We have just returned from a week on Marco Island which was great! I have done a trip report for that also.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1043708
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

We stay in Bradenton not on theIsland itself its around a 30/40 minute drive there is plenty of accommodation in that area. Things to do loads of Shopping, Busch gardens, bowling, ice skating, gun range. Theres a good few night clubs in Sarasota about 30 minutes away (I havent tried them) on the Island itself lots of water activities. Check out the various theatres in Sarasota and Tampa so great concerts at cheap by Irish standards. Queen were there last week
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List