Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 7 May 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
NikkiT
slightly serious Dibber

We went last year with our ds who was 10 at the time, we sat underneath the scoreboard and had such a good time, we are hoping to go back again this year, really friendly atmosphere, lots of freebies outside, good all round experience, we had to book direct with the club though as my in-laws came too and we needed a disability seat x
1998 Villa 2000 Southern Dunes 2004 Southern Dunes - Wedding & Honeymoon! 2005 Southern Dunes 2007 Best Western Lakeside just the 2 of us 2010 Best Western Lakeside & toddler makes 3! 2012 Indian Creek 2013 Indian Creek 2014 Indian Creek 2015 Indian Creek for my 40th! 2016 1st time on site @ CBR 2017 1st time @ POR 2018 1st time @ Halloween & CBR again 2019 Indian Creek 2020 Cancelled 2023 Indian Creek
NikkiT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dmurray0
Getting Excited

Bumping this... is car parking ok? Planning to go to a match in July too and wondering oif there's a big car park etc?
dmurray0 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by dmurray0 View Post
Bumping this... is car parking ok? Planning to go to a match in July too and wondering oif there's a big car park etc?
I got an Uber so I didn't drive, but on my way to the stadium I noticed car parks all over the place around the area.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
djs9750
I want to go now!

We have purchased tickets for the cup game on 10th July. Was wondering if anyone had tips for parking? Went to a game before but that was at the old stadium. Noticed the official parking is about 50 dollars. Will have a 10 year old with us so don't want to be too far away and looking for a safe walk to the stadium.
Thanks
djs9750 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I got an Uber so I didn't drive, but on my way to the stadium I noticed car parks all over the place around the area.
Originally Posted by djs9750 View Post
We have purchased tickets for the cup game on 10th July. Was wondering if anyone had tips for parking? Went to a game before but that was at the old stadium. Noticed the official parking is about 50 dollars. Will have a 10 year old with us so don't want to be too far away and looking for a safe walk to the stadium.
Thanks
There is plentiful parking all around the ground - there is a big multi storey about 10 mins walk away, but if the game is busy you risk that pinch point of every one leaving at the same time.
We parked on someone's front grass for just $10 - car was still there when we can out, other pieces of front garden were available for $20.

Would never be paying $50

Our trip report day is here if you want a read

Have looked on the Orlando City Website and found the $50 parking - taking the proverbial with this

Amway Center and Gieco garage are a couple of blocks away. I would drive to the stadium and just have a drive around the area - loads of places with signs outside pieces of land for 10 or 20 dollars - if you are not happy with leaving the car there then head to the parking garages mentioned above.
But more than anything please don't give anyone $50 to go and see the football
I'm booking again for August and have got tickets to watch the game at less than that for 2 tickets!

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
djs9750
I want to go now!

Thanks again for the useful information.
djs9750 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

$50 for parking is absurd! I consider the $20 charged at the Geico garage behind the Amway Center to be a rip-off too! The stadium itself doesn't have its own car park - most people just use the main downtown car parks, most of which are situated just the other side of the I-4. If you are going up the I-4, leave at exit 82B South St (assuming it is not closed by the road works). Two of the garages are immediately on your right at the bottom of the ramp - City Commons and SunTrust. SunTrust was $12 for event parking last time I was there but is very popular, as the pedestrian entrance is on Church St, so getting out afterwards is very slow. I go up Garland just past Church St to Central Blvd, ignoring the small surface lot there (often full) and go in the Central Blvd Garage. It is one of the City Council-run car parks where the event parking is $10. No need to book in advance - pay the person by the barrier on the way in - they give you a ticket you'll need for exit. Perfectly safe area, only a short walk to the ground under the I-4 - lots of bars/restaurants, so hundreds of local fans dressed in purple, plenty of cops directing traffic. That garage is also convenient if I go for a stroll round Lake Eola first. I don't try to drive too close to the ground, as they close nearby roads.

Edited at 03:49 PM. Reason: correction of exit number
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List