Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 15 Jun 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MamaGchild
Earning More Ears

Airboat ride questions

Hi all. We are a family of 5 (3 teenagers) and we will be coming back to Florida for our 4th time this August. We have never done an airboat trip. Mainly, because I get serious motion sickness. I’m always the one holding the bags in the parks! I’ve recently been told that the airboats don’t make you sick as they are flat. Is this true? And if so, any recommendations for a good one? Should we pre-book? Thanks in advance.
MamaGchild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I get motion sick too. If you go for a private charter such as spirit of the swamp you can mention it to the captain and he will go easier on you.

I don't get motion sick on them. It's a very different, smooth sensation.

If going with spirit, yes pre book and I think go for early mornings. Wildlife is more active before it gets too hot.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I get motion sick on rides too, simulators mostly, but I was fine on the airboat rides, I’ve been twice, you’ll be ok
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

Spirit of the Swamp does 6 seater boats so with 5 of you you will probably have the boat to yourselves. On of the best hour and a half we had in Orlando last year! x
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Boggy Creek airboat rides are just fine and you hopefully get to see a gator or two 😀😀
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
3boys
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I get travel sick especially on boats... but it didn't even cross my mind that I'd get travel sick on these and I didn't. I loved every minute and would happily do it again. We went to Boggy Creek. It really is amazing
3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

I don’t do rides either but we went with spirit of the swamp and I took my stugeron before going and loved every minute of it, just wish I’d done it years earlier
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Boggy Creek do scheduled walk up rides, no need to book, cheap, discounts available - but boats are large, shared with others and no interaction from the Captain

Private boats like Spirit of the Swamp have smaller, 6-seater private boats, must book, can usually find a discount code and have a 2-way microphone/headphones with the captain

I enjoyed Boggy Creek (done once) but I much preferred the private boat (I've actually done two of these). With the interaction you can ask questions, or say what's that over there and then go look. The Captain stopped once to take a group photo for us.

Each to their own - either are fine and doubt you'd have issues with motion sickness, but in a private boat you'd have a degree of control to go slower if required. We saw much larger gators on the Boggy Creek boat ride, though we saw small ones on the private boats.

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hello fellow bag holder! I don't get motion sickness (I just don't do not being in control! ) but one of my daughters can suffer. She loves the airboats, and we always go with Spirit of the Swamp. We too are a family of 5 and have always had the airboat to ourselves, and the captains are always very accommodating. I cant recommend them highly enough.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by 3boys View Post
I get travel sick especially on boats... but it didn't even cross my mind that I'd get travel sick on these and I didn't. I loved every minute and would happily do it again. We went to Boggy Creek. It really is amazing
We went to Boggy Creek also and loved the ride
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List